Membership subscription options not appearing on subscription form page

I have installed and setup the membership pro plugin on two websites (a test site and the actual production site). The settings are exactly the same (that I can see), the only difference being a few extra plugins on the test site. For some reason on the test site the subscription options appear just fine, but on the production site they are not showing up. I have used a page with the [subscriptionform] short code, on both sites, have updated permalinks, checked my .htaccess file and checked and unchecked the "anyone may subscribe" option in settings, all to no avail. Any suggestions or assistance would be most appreciated.

I am using wordpress 3.5.1 with the Buddy Corporate theme (from WPMU).

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings Keith P.,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue there and the first thing that comes to mind is that you have not completely configured Membership for the site that the buttons are not showing.

A couple of items to check are levels activated, a single gateway activated, and testing with a browser that was not used for development with it cache emptied.

Also the registration page should have been created though you mentioned your shortcode use.

What is the URL to the site that is missing the buttons?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Keith P.

Thanks for the quick reply Joe. There are two subscription options activated and made "public," seven access levels available and active, one payment gateway active (free gateway as this is a medical residency program so we are simply trying to protect areas of the site from people who aren't part of the program) and I developed the site and set up everything in safari and tested the site in firefox with the cache and cookies cleared. I'm using W3TC on the site (both testing and production, set up the same in both places) and have cleared the cache multiple times.

The page that has the shortcode is "www.ccmcresidents.com/site-registration/" and the "registration page" set up in the plugin is "www.ccmcresidents.com/register". (again, same on test site and production site)

Thanks again,
    Keith

• Keith P.

And the culprit is....... Jetpack! I went in and deactivated all of my plugins except for membership pro and buddypress. Upon reactivation the plugin that caused the problems with the membership pro shortcodes with jetpack. When it was activated, even if none of the plugins included in it were active, the shortcodes would not work, upon deactivating the plugin they started working again. I'm not sure if it's something in the membership pro plugin (as all of my other plugins play nicely with jetpack including all shortcodes, or it's an issue with jetpack, which would seem odd as this is the only plugin I have seen that conflicts with it... but who knows. If the WPMU devs could replicate this maybe they can find the issue and solution to the problem?

• aecnu

Greetings Keith P.,

Thank you for the detailed input and happy to see that you managed to figure it out using what I call standard troubleshooting protocol.

I will let the lead developer know of your findings and due to the nature of Membership and its control of the site and the way Jet Pack tries to manipulate the site I can envision the reasons for the conflict.

In addition, running caching on a Membership site is not a good idea, caching defeats the purpose of the protection of the files since they are in the cache and it was not more then two months ago that W3TC was slammed for caching of the user names and passwords as well and being for a couple of years the back door for the hacking of sites.

Just look at their change logs and you will see this went on for about two years. Then look at their page at how many people say it is broken and how many say it is working 4 to 1 in favor of broken. In addition, consider in the last two months 500+ tickets 60 answered. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/w3-total-cache/

I personally do not trust caching as far as I can throw myself ... lol

In any event I am happy to see that you have figured this out for your site and thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.