Membership Subscription Page and Multiple Access Levels

Hi everyone. Trying to wrap my head around this.

http://www.videomantis.com

I want anyone that goes to the site to be able to register (either manually or using Facebook). Once they do, they are automatically upgraded from a Visitor Status to a Free Membership.

What I would like to do is sell pages (which is still being worked out in another thread) that people will have access to forever. For example, they sign up for a free membership, purchase a course, and then have both memberships - the free one, and the membership that is specifically just for that page.

The question I am having is it seems Membership isn't allowing me to have both memberships? But instead have to keep joining them?

I would like the subscriptions page to almost act as a "My Videos" page where any course people have purchased can be accessed...

Any thoughts on this subscription page or how to achieve what I want?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Thomas,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

The question I am having is it seems Membership isn't allowing me to have both memberships? But instead have to keep joining them?

Sorry but I could not understand that, can you kindly elaborate the bit "have to keep joining them" ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Thomas Popp
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Here are some screen grabs. For example, the Free Membership one is how it starts once someone registers for the site. Now when someone purchases the product, they get registered to that different access for the product. It seems like it keeps making the user switch back and for to the different subscriptions, when all I want them to have is access to both levels.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Thomas,

At this point, Membership does not allow one to have multiple subscriptions to the same account.

So if you want to allow access of both the levels to the user, its better to create a new subscription plan with a different access level setting providing access to the content of both the levels.

Let me however ask @Rheinard real quick to see if its going to be included in the next plugin version by any chance :wink:

He should be around soon !

Cheers, PC

• ansley
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey, did this ever get anymore feedback? I need something super similar to Thomas's request above. Only I've got 5 membership sections, so that's a lot of joint-subscriptions I need to do.

It helps that there only have to be 6 access levels (one for visitor), but then I have to make 29 subscriptions to cover all the combos.

Is that... my only recourse?

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @ansley,

Unfortunately, that looks to be the only recourse for the time being, aside from lumping the various aspects of the subscriptions together, so as to reduce the amount of subscriptions that need to be created.

We will be looking into allowing multiple subscriptions per user in a future update, though we can't guarantee anything currently on that.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.