Membership & subscriptions

I have membership plugin installed (and mainly configured), but here is what I want to do:

a) Sell a product that gives them permanent membership and access to the content (in the members area) (level 1)
b) Give them a 30 day free membership to extra features, which will be a monthly recurring payment at the end of 30 days.(level 2)
c) I want the payment for level 1 AND the delayed monthly subscription to be authorised at the initial point of purchasing through Paypal.

My questions are as follows:
1) How can I change the membership settings so that they do NOT refer to a subscription on the registration page, but a product sale
2) How do I set up the plugin subscriptions to carry out the requirements in a & b & c above

I've got to go live with this next week and have now spent 3 days trying to work it out myself, so some assistance would be much appreciated

Thanks

• Kimberly

Hi there! Welcome to the Community!

1) How can I change the membership settings so that they do NOT refer to a subscription on the registration page, but a product sale

This would need to be custom coded edits to the plugin files. If you want to tackle this then you can probably find most of what you are looking for here. content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/includes
    but be warned you will lose any customizations on update. So make a copy.

2) How do I set up the plugin subscriptions to carry out the requirements in a & b & c above

Try this: create an Indefinite subscription for your initial membership, then create one with a Finite 30 day Free and follow that with the serial monthly in the same subscription

Best,

Kimberly

• Jshawcross

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for your reply. Thought you had solved it for me there.

So am i adding 2 subscriptions?
    level 1 - membership at say $40 - one off payment (indefinite)
    level 2 - a free and a monthly? (finite and serial)

Will this give the subscriber the opportunity to take one subscription, but not the other? If that is the case, it's not what I am looking for - i want to automatically give them the free monthly membership with the initial purchase (and set up the non free subscription for month 2 onwards). If they don't want to continue with the monthly, they can then cancel it (but still have the indefinite membership)

• Tom Eagles

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.
    We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.
    Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any way.
    Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.
    Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.
    Cheers!
    Tom
    Sales &Support
    Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.