Membership / Supporter integration addon v0.1a

Hi gang

I've attached to this post an early version of a membership add-on that enables some form of integration with our supporter plugin. It should initially only be used on a test install until you've run through some test to make sure it's working as you expect on your system.

It functions as follows:
1. Individual subscriptions can be marked as being "Supporter Integrated" - those that are not marked as such will function in the same way as they currently do.
2. Marked subscriptions will, when a user is added / signs up to and progresses through the levels of, will update the supporter expiry date of the users site / blog based on the period length of the level they are moving to. This works with finite and serial levels, I still have to implement indefinite levels.
3. The blog / site that is extended is identified initially as the one marked as their primary_blog (wp_usermeta) for which they have an administrator role.
4. The blog / site to be extended can be overridden by selecting a new blog / site from the users profile / user_edit screen - the user can select the site themselves, or an admin user can do it.

To install the add-on, download the zip file attached to this post and uncompress it. FTP / copy the file to your membershipincludes/plugins directory.

Please do let me know any feedback on it's use and anything we can add to integrate the two plugins further.

• georgef
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Just setting this up on a test site, but here's a question...

Does the membership plugin have complete control over the supporter with this?

And what happens when someone clicks on the options from a blog to upgrade to a supporter?

Does that redirect to the actual membership level?

Let's say I only want to offer a paid subscription through the membership plugin, nothing else.

So a new member signs up, decides that they won't take a membership just yet. They grab a blog, etc..

Then see the supporter / PRO option from their wordpress dashboard and click to do an upgrade...

What happens there?

Maybe this is worked out as I havent tested, but thought I'd ask nevertheless.

Thanks,

George

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@georgef
    At the moment this is from the membership side only, so runs in parallel - the current support menus / pages are still there - we need to add in the ability to remove or override those if you want to run everything through membership alone.

I've added in filters to key membership functions so i can override them with supporter based information - those will be in shortly.

• HamRadioDude
    • HummingBird

I have downloaded this and went to add it to the membership plugin and noticed it was already there did a winmerge compare and yes almost the same with 3 changed line (probably Fixes)
    If this has been added to membership 2.06 Can we close this? or am I wrong and it has not been added?

Also Not seeing the Switch to turn it on where would it be located if its in the membership plugin already.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.