I moved a site containing membership to another URL and also changed the default admin concurrently.
I deleted the membership tables and membership plugin to start fresh. After running the options to “repair” the tables, the wp_m_communications was not recreated even though the “repair” said the table was fixed. This is also documented in https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/missing-communication-table-massive-error-log#post-107633
I ran the appropriate script as listed the above post and recreated the table. I am opening this support request so that the “bug” in the repair program is fixed.
Note: Membership is working fine for me so I don’t need any support just want to see a ticket opened to have the bug fixed in a future release.