Membership to Membership Pro 2.. but need Full account to upgrade?

James Farmer BTW 192.241.202.88 is the temporary place for 40somethingcowgirls. We're upgrading servers and updating the site at the same time.

I'm trying to update from Membership to Membership Pro 2, but it says I need to upgrade my account first from Single to Full. I've already paid the $49 to make my account active again. Do I have to pay more to upgrade my Membership Pro 2?

Looks like Skytroll from this link had a similar issue, and was asked to create a ticket: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/introducing-membership-2/

I want a smooth transition from Membership to Membership Pro 2.
1) How do I get the new plugin?
2) What's your recommendations for a smooth transfer?

• Opteweb

I found out that I don't have the latest version of the old Membership plugin. I've updated it to the latest version via this post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-premium-update-3516-to-3533

... but now I'm back to square one. My WPMUDEV Dashboard doesn't recognize I have a Membership plugin installed. I think the new Membership Pro 2 plugin won't install because the old folder is sitting on the "membership" folder. Can I just delete the folder and install the new plugin? Will the new plugin support the old data in my database?

• Nastia

Hello erigiand , I hope you are doing well!

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

I'm trying to update from Membership to Membership Pro 2, but it says I need to upgrade my account first from Single to Full.

Would you please post here a screenshot of that notification? I can't locate it on your site.

Do I have to pay more to upgrade my Membership Pro 2?

No, you don't have to pay more, with your current subscription you have a full access to all our plugin and themes.

I want a smooth transition from Membership to Membership Pro 2.
    1) How do I get the new plugin?
    2) What's your recommendations for a smooth transfer?

Please before proceeding create a full backup of your site. You can create backup with the Snapshot Pro plugin.

You can also create e development copy and upgrade the Membership 1 to Membership 2 from there.

Down bellow I am quoting instructions from usage page, with small differences.:

- Install the WPMU DEV Dashboard on your site. Please note, it is very important that the plugin will be updated through the WPMU DEV Dashboard.

- Upgrade the current Membership 1 to version 3.5.3.3. it is attached in this thread. ( This version you can upload via FTP, replacing the previous version.

- Once the Membership 3.5.3.3. is activated, you will notice to migrate to Membership 2, follow the wizard to import data to Membership 2.

- After this, you’ll see a button to unlock the update under Membership2 > Settings and/or WPMU DEV > Updates. If you don’t, you can click the link in your WPMU DEV Dashboard to force it to check for updates and repeat step 3.

- Once M2 is active, go to Membership2 > Settings > Import tool.

You’ll see two radio buttons, one to import via file, one to import WPMU DEV Membership settings. You’ll chose the second button, then Preview Import. Once you’re satisfied with how things will import, hit import.

M2 will import membership levels, subscription information/data, and member data from Membership.

However, M2 will not import shortcodes or content protection settings. So after upgrading, you will need to add in all your content protection settings for each membership level, and find and replace any Membership-generated shortcodes with M2 shortcodes. Tip: use a handy plugin like Better Search Replace to make that more of a cheer than a chore.

Important: In some cases, WordPress cannot replace the plugin files automatically and will display an error during update. When this happens, please deactivate and delete the old Membership plugin before installing Membership 2 Pro.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Sajid

Hello Opteweb,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

3) I don't see any option for migration.

In some cases, you might not see the unlock update button as mentioned in the steps above by my colleague Nastia.

In this case, you will have to delete the Membership plugin from plugins folder via FTP, install Membership 2 Pro plugin and then proceed from - Once M2 is active, go to Membership2 > Settings > Import tool. step mentioned in above reply.

NOTE: Since, Membership 2 Pro is a major upgrade so you must take full backup of your website first or its recommended to create a staging site and do the upgrade there. If every thing went smooth then go live.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Opteweb

So we were able to go live by deleting the original Membership plugin and installing the Membership 2 Pro plugin, but there's a problem - it's the same start- and expiration-date bug referenced by this thread.

Basically hundreds of our users memberships were reset to start on the date of the migration (Jan 2nd 2017) and end a year from that date. This is a problem because there are hundreds of users, and unfortunately we didn't detect this before going live.

I have an excel file with the list of dates along with email addresses for each member, and I attempted to update all the membership dates via SQL, but I found that the membership information is stored in wp_usermeta table in a huge JSON-esque format so it's very difficult to run any SQL query to update hundreds of membership dates.

Do you have any kind of tool to mass-update so we don't have to manually update all these hundreds of subscriptions?

• Sajid

Hello Opteweb,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I can understand how difficult it could be to update the dates in database and we also would not recommend that either.

Instead, Membership 2 Pro plugin provides very good and documented API to further extend/customize the behaviour.

You can use set_start_date() method of MS_Model_Relationship class and loop through the users to update the dates according to their email address. You can either get all users by that email ID or get all and match with email using PHP to perform the updates.

For full documentation and API usage guid, please go to Dashboard -> Membership 2 -> Help -> API Docs.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.