Uploaded to membership/membershipincludes/languages/
Updates wp-congfig

define('WPLANG', 'fr_FR');

Reloaded
Nada.

Que paso?

• tribagora
    • Flash Drive

Ça marche chez moi (j'utilise le plugin codestyling-localization pour traduire, c'est vraiment pratique). J'ai traduit un mot pour essayer (sur les 984 phrases restantes à faire :slight_frown: ).

Regarde dans le menu de wordpress Réglage->Général puis un peu en bas "Langue du site"
    Settings->General->Site language and check French

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tribagora,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• amichel
    • Flash Drive

@tribagora : Merci pour le feedback, mais je suis assez minimaliste dans mon approche. Le moins de plugins que je dois installer/maintenir/mettre à jour, le mieux que ce sera. Je je garde votre suggestion en tête comme dernier recours.

@aron: Attached is the membership-fr_FR.mo file. I only translated the first title of the first step of user registration (Select a subscrisption should read "Choisir un type d'abonnement")

@aecnu : Since opening this ticket, I've tried the following steps.
    - Moves .mo and .po files to wp-content/languages
    - Edited wp-config to add:
    define('WP_LANG_DIR', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'PATH_TO_BLOG/wp-content/languages');

No go.

@cmurtagh: With many other websoites hosted on this shared server, that's not a possibility. This was never required before upodating to membership 3.

Also, unrelated topic, but when I set WP_DEBUG to true, membership generated SO many warnings that it made me a little sick to my stomach. NOT reassuring.

• amichel
    • Flash Drive

Update:

Found the first source of frustration:

in subscription.form.php, line 7:

<legend><?php _e( 'Select a Subscription', 'membership' ) ?></legend>

should read

<legend><?php _e( 'Select a subscription', 'membership' ) ?></legend>

Lower case 's' to subscription as _e() is case sensitive. I did update the .mo, but there was a difference in case between the .php and the .po file. I can't beleive the amount of time it took me to solve this. Of course it just so happened that the string I used to test the translation was not properly ported to thew supplied .po file. Figures!

• amichel
    • Flash Drive

Update 2:

Again, in subscription.form.php, line 8:

<p class="help-block"><?php _e('We have the following subscriptions available for our site. To join, simply click on the <strong>Sign Up</strong> button and then complete the registration details.','membership'); ?></p>

is not present in membership.po

Can we fix this before I translate it?

• amichel
    • Flash Drive

Update 2:

Just downloaded (NOT installed) Membership 3 RC 1. Opened membership.po and I could not find any of the following strings:

- "Register or Login to purchase"
    - "Enter your details below to create a new account."
    - "Login below if you're already registered."

This was getting pretty annoying, so I looked up file properties for membership.po that shipped with Membership 3 rc 1. Files was created on 11/11/28? Really? RC1 only shipped as of 2012/15/03.

Can someone here reassure me that I am not going insane and that membership.po needs to be updated?

• amichel
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the 411 Arun. I think updating membership.po is a pretty big priority. My client is asking me to translate the sign up form and I'm finding myself in an awkward situation because of this. I don't want to manually translate all the .php files only to be given the actual.po file 2 weeks later.

Can anyone else confirm that membership.po in Membership3 RC1 is outdated?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings amichel,

I am not trying to be a smart butt or anything but basically you have confirmed that the po file in Membership V3 RC 1 is outdated and we are thankful for you bringing this to our attention of course.

The best we can hope for is that it is updated hopefully with the next release.

I did want to point out the following fact, though this does not help the situation any, but does give a clearer understanding of what is going on, that any version of a software, script, etc. that has RC in it officially means "Release Candidate" which in turn means a bug shake out.

Therefore if you did not already know, anything marked RC/Release Candidate is bound to possibly have several bugs in it or issues within it as you have no doubt have found one and there are bound to be others.

Just wanted to be informative and to let you know that one can expect bugs and problems with any RC version.

Cheers, Joe

• amichel
    • Flash Drive

@aecnu
    As stated in my previous post, I did NOT install RC1. But thank you for explaining the meaning of 'RC' to me like I was a 5 years old.

Please note that I am running 3.0 (which btw, is absent from the "previous version" section). Still had the same issues. I painstakingly translated membership.po v2.4x and everything worked fine. The nightmares began after upgrading to 3.0 (which was strongly recommended by your support staff). Now, all that work has to be redone.

Also note that this is not a glitch or a bug. This is a glaring, unprofessional omission.

I would also like to make it abundantly clear that I am NOT running RC1 but 3.0.

I am no longer making money with my current project. I am now LOOSING money trying to make Membership play nice. I would gladly drop Membership from my project in favor of another solution (S2) but I have spent so much time/effort/money trying to make it play nice. Paying customers have already subscribed to my client's site via Membership. I am now regretfully committed to Membership.

Furthermore I now have to:
    - Wait until RC2 is rolled out, with NO timeline provided from the developer
    - Confirm that membership.po has been updated
    - REDO all translations I have already billed my client for when installing 2.4 - at my own expenses.

Please update membership.po and provide a timeline so I can advise my client and move on.

Thank you,
    Alex

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Alex,

As stated in my previous post, I did NOT install RC1. But thank you for explaining the meaning of 'RC' to me like I was a 5 years old.

:slight_smile:

Please note that I am running 3.0 (which btw, is absent from the "previous version" section).

From my understanding it is missing because it was not ready for release then and was never intended to be released - someone obviously leaked it and now we suffer the consequences thereof.

It is also my understanding this is exactly why there are no timelines for releases --> because when it does not come out on time --> everything and everyone involved goes negative.

For those in this ticket using version 3 RC 1 an interim update has been released addressing several issues.

If anyone has made further progress with the po files please post them here so that we may get them into Alex's hands.

Cheers, Joe

• amichel
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe

Just installed RC2. First 2 strings I looked for in membership.mo are not present

1) "Select a Subscription" (.mo is case sensative, so I had to lower case the 'S' in the source of subscription.form.php to match the string in membership.po)
    2) "We have the following subscriptions available for our site. To join, simply click on the Sign Up button and then complete the registration details." - not present all.

Things are not starting off well.

• amichel
    • Flash Drive

The following strings were not present in membership.po

- "Register or Login to purchase"
    - "Enter your details below to create a new account."
    - "Login below if you're already registered." (also, contractions should be avoided. ie: use "you are" instead of "you're")
    - "Login >>"

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Alex,

I am sincerely sorry that the developer has not offered any input to date regarding the mo and po files for the Membership plugin.

Please advise if the new membership plugin update version 3 (no longer an RC version) has indeed addressed this .mo/.po issue or not.

Looking forward to your feedback one way or the other.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Alex,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.