Membership + Ultimate Facebook + Pay-per-view

Question 1: Membership

Is it possible for the user just to register (without going to the payment process)?
Is it possible for the user to not get the subscription "role" on the website, and instead, get Contributor or "no role for this website"?

What happens when the subscription ends? The user loses the subscription "role"? Will he still be able to access his account?

Im asking about the "role" just because of pay-per-view. Here is what im trying to do:

1 - Visitors - can see the website but cant access content URLs
2 - Registered users (no role or subscriber) - can see website and can access the URLs, but its protected with pay-per-view.
3 - Subscribers (paying) (subscriber or contributor) - can see everything.

--------------------

Question 2: Membership + ultimate facebook

Im having a problem related with Ultimate facebook. The "login with facebook" works, but the "register with facebook" dont work at all. Im having the same problem as this guy:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-facebook-connect

Im having the yellow message about the facebook API. But i dont think that is the problem, because after configuring other plugins it "started to work" in a strange way. It started to work on a loop, from the registration page to the payment page, and again to the registration page. Unfortunately, I cant reproduce it, because i tryied solve and dont know how i got into it at first.

PS: I have tried with Ultimate facebook and Membership installed only, didnt work. And with Buddypress, Pay-per-view and others, it worked on loop. Might have been some configuration.

--------------------

Question 3: Pay-per-view

Is it possible to track wich contet was bought via pay-per-view? Or I will just see that something was bought?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Luiz,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

Is it possible for the user just to register (without going to the payment process)?

Yes, you can set up a normal registration form via a plugin widget or similar: http://www.scratchinginfo.net/best-wordpress-login-registration-plugins-widgets/

Users don't need to buy a subscription.

Is it possible for the user to not get the subscription "role" on the website, and instead, get Contributor or "no role for this website"?

Yes, users are given a user role no matter what - by default it is Subscriber.

You don't need to give a subscription level as mentioned before; however, it's a good idea to set a default subscription just so the user has one. It doesn't have to give access to anything it's just so Membership recognizes the user as a member. You can set a subscription to be automatically applied to new users - so they won't even know that it happened.

Set this via Membership > Options > General.

1 - Visitors - can see the website but cant access content URLs
    2 - Registered users (no role or subscriber) - can see website and can access the URLs, but its protected with pay-per-view.
    3 - Subscribers (paying) (subscriber or contributor) - can see everything.

Yes this is possible :slight_smile: in #2 your users will still need a user role. Likely subscriber.

You can set a default user role to be given to a certain access level via the Advanced access level settings. So, when a visitor chooses a subscription plan and signs up they can be automatically given the contributor role for example.

Im having a problem related with Ultimate facebook. The "login with facebook" works, but the "register with facebook" dont work at all. Im having the same problem as this guy:

Are you able to register with Facebook while not in the Membership registration process? So, just clicking the sidebar register button, or the register button on the domain.com/wp-login.php page? You will need to set it to show up there in the settings. Let me know :slight_smile:

Is it possible to track wich contet was bought via pay-per-view? Or I will just see that something was bought?

You should be able to see the description in the payment and you can set the description per content if you're setting it using the shortcode tool within the WordPress editor.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Luiz

Thanks for the tip about the Advanced options! Didnt notice that.
    I tryied to do what i have mentioned above and it works fine, but the membership dashboard doesnt count the normal registered user. In my test, I have one user on the contributor level (paying subscription) and one in the
    subscription level (registered user only), and its showing only the one that is paying the subscription, just like this:

If I access the membership panel, I will have:

Levels
    B_____1
    A_____0

Subscriptions
    Subscription (Level B)______1
    Subscription (Level A)______0

Total Members: 4 (2 admins + 1 A + 1 B)

Is there a way to change that? Or its the normal behaviour since the user didnt click on any subscription plan?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

On the user that is paying the subscription, there is a "Gateway". It shows Admin. Should I leave it by default or change to "Paypal"? Will he be able to cancel or upgrade (if possible) just clicking on the paypal button?

Is there a way to put something on the user profile telling him wich subscription he has? And maybe the time that still lefts?

About the Facebook Register, It doesnt work anyway for me. Here is what happens:

If I allow any user to register and check on the Facebook panel "allow single click registration", the user that clicks on "login with facebook" button, will do the login without having to writte any info, or pay a subscription. So, this is working.

But, If the user decides to click on the "Register with Facebook", it will not work. If the user tries to do it on the login panel, he will be redirected to a page with facebook details, and after clicking on "agree", the user will be taken to choose one subscription, and if he chooses one, he will be redirected to the "register/account" form membership page. And if I keep clicking on the "register with facebook" I will be stucked on a loop.

So, the "register with facebook" button is not working for me on the login page, or on the subscription page. It always take the user to choose a subscription and after to the membership form page (register/account) again.

Also, It wouldnt make too much sense for me to be taken again to choose a membership, since I have created a pricing table with a button for the subscription.

Is there a way to fix that?

Sorry for the long post. And many thanks for ur help!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Luiz,

Hope you're doing well today!

Is there a way to change that? Or its the normal behaviour since the user didnt click on any subscription plan?

I'm a little bit confused about what it's showing here. Are you saying that for the just registered user that it's not showing a subscription? If so, then yes that is the correct behaviour since they didn't choose one at sign up :slight_smile:

You can also apply a default subscription to users via the Membership > Options > General tab.

On the user that is paying the subscription, there is a "Gateway". It shows Admin. Should I leave it by default or change to "Paypal"? Will he be able to cancel or upgrade (if possible) just clicking on the paypal button?

Did this user sign up through a gateway or did you apply the subscription to them? Either way, they should be able to still pay through PayPal :slight_smile: then it should change their payment gateway.

Is there a way to put something on the user profile telling him wich subscription he has? And maybe the time that still lefts?

When a logged in member visits the "subscriptions" page, which is set in your Membership > Membership Options > Membership Pages. It should tell them their current subscription there and the expiry.

Alternatively, you can add this shortcode to any page to show the same thing:

[renewform]

So, the "register with facebook" button is not working for me on the login page, or on the subscription page. It always take the user to choose a subscription and after to the membership form page (register/account) again.

the issue here is that Membership uses it's own registration process and currently Ultimate Facebook isn't integrated with that, only through the standard WordPress registration. I have added this to the features and requests, I notice it's already there as well so this will add further support for it :slight_smile: thanks!

Also, It wouldnt make too much sense for me to be taken again to choose a membership, since I have created a pricing table with a button for the subscription.

Is there a way to fix that?

You can setup your own pricing table and everything with Membership by simply linking the buttons in your pricing table to the same ones found on the normal Membership page.

Example, for subscription one you would use:

Subscription 1: http://domain.com/register/?action=registeruser&subscription=1

It shouldn't matter where they click that link it will still do the same thing :slight_smile:

Hope this helps Luiz! Let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.