Membership: URL groups not being applied

Try to get Membership plugin to allow access to /STORE_NAME/shopping-cart/[shipping|checkout|confirm-checkout|confirmation]/ pages

I'm attempting to troubleshoot why URL groups don't seem to be working. Echoing the $host value passed to url_matches in class.urlgroup.php gives the url for the no access page. How can I apply the url groups rule while $host is still the original URL requested?

• johnetec

Phil,

That's a lot of screen shots. I can pull them all together but wouldn't it be easier if I sent you login credentials so you could view it? The setup for this should be really simple. Non registered users should only have access to 3 menu items and the 3 pages the are on + home page.

Logged in users view a different menu and have access to all content. The menus work fine. It's the pages that do not. It seems the marketpress pages for checkout are being excluded from the allowed pages. I just need a global statement that says logged in registered users can access all the URL's on this site.

Is there a wildcard statement for all URL's?

Anyway, I'll start getting screen shots together but would prefer I send you login info so you can take a look.

Thanks,

John

• johnetec

Phil,

Here are screen shots of the setup. I'm not using subscriptions. The levels are simple as I explained.

Non reg has limited access to the home page and three static pages.

The registered member, once approved, becomes a contributor (which works just fine) and has access to all pages. But I've removed a few nav items they no longer need to see after being registered.

As I mentioned before, the trouble seems to be that the marketpress pages are not recognized by the membership plugin. They do not show as pages in the member levels section. There should be a real east way to set permissions for registered users to have full access minus a few nav options.

This site was supposed to be live last Friday. The only issue is this plugin permission problem. I would appreciate a fast response and resolution to this issue. I hate to say it, but every time I use a few of your plugins together, we seems to have problems. I hope the issue is a config problem and not a code issue.

Again.. if I could send you login info, it would be much faster.

Thanks,

John

• johnetec

Morning Phil,

I'm still waiting for support on this. It's hard to justify the continued monthly cost of your service if the support for the plugins is sporadic. This client is ready to launch... the only remaining issue... The WPMU membership / marketpress compatibility.

You responded to me early yesterday, and I provided you with what you asked, then... no response.

The 12 - 16 hour delay on weekend responses really seems to be a, "no support on the weekends" deal.

We boast your services to our clients, explaining that we pay a premium for these professional plugins, not just because they are supposed to work well, but also because we get support for them.

I'm still waiting for the support here.

A prompt reply would be nice. Even if you don't have an answer, at least I know you're working on it.

Thanks,

John

• johnetec

Barry.. I provided no screen shots because we have no url groups. We tried to use them but they did not work or we did not have the correct ones in place so I removed them. The logged in registered users need FULL access to the site minus a new nav menu tabs. Thats it.

Our lead coder posted this question. What he says is still the issue.

Try to get Membership plugin to allow access to /STORE_NAME/shopping-cart/[shipping|checkout|confirm-checkout|confirmation]/ pages
    I'm attempting to troubleshoot why URL groups don't seem to be working. Echoing the $host value passed to url_matches in class.urlgroup.php gives the url for the no access page. How can I apply the url groups rule while $host is still the original URL requested?

All we need are logged in users to have permission to view the marketpress pages.

Thanks,

John

• johnetec

So again... I've responded and am still waiting for an answer. Would I get faster support if I paid for your help beyond what I already pay? I'm willing to do that if I can get this resolved in a more timely manner. This customer has been waiting for a week. I started this ticket with david and he stopped responding last week. What gives? I should not have to continually pester you for support.

I feel kind of trapped here. I've been a loyal customer for quite some time. Our company is heavily invested in using your plugins but we seem to run into support issues every time we try to use two of your plugins (that you claim are compatible) on any of our builds. What does it take to get this resolved?

Thanks,

John

• DavidM

Hi johnetec,

Very sorry for the delay both here and in your prior thread (I'll take a look back at that one, seems to have slipped right by me).

If you're trying to restrict/provide access to MarketPress store pages, you should be able to use the MarketPress Pages rule as illustrated here:

While URL Groups should work as well, that MarketPress specific rule should make things much simpler. Have you tried that already?

Thanks,
    David

• johnetec

Thank you both for your responses. So it seems that I do not have the market press pages in my membership plugin options for member levels. Maybe this has been the problem all along. They do not exist in the admin. I see Buddypress options and admin options but they cannot be added. They say, "rule not available in this version". But I am using the full membership plugin and it is registered.

Did I miss a step here? How do I get the marketpress page options to show? Can i download and reinstall the membership plugin without losing the setup we've done already?

• johnetec

Barry,

The original issue was a permissions issue with the membership plugin allowing registered members access to marketpress pages once logged in. We are trying to hide the e-com for non logged in or registered users. I had no idea there were built in marketpress option for membership levels. They do not show. So we had tried to use URL groups to define the permissions. That's why we mention URL groups.

Now that I have seen a screen shot with marketpress options for member levels, the issue has become... Where are they in our membership level admin section? Why don't they show. There is nothing in the membrship or marketpress install instructions that mentions the marketpress permissions options for the membership plugin. If you do have something explaining this... please provide a link.

So, now that I know there are built in options, we just need to figure out why they are not showing up.

Thanks,

John

• johnetec

David,

Everything has been working fine except...

The member access only page is not being shown when a non registered user tries to access a page they are not allowed to. I have the options set to use a specific page as the default page to tell no registered user that they do not have access to the Page. I even have to set to override 404's. Unfortunately, it is not working. I get a 404 page. Not sure what the deal is.

I also have one url group defined as negative for non registered users. This is a single URL to a PDF download. Regardless... anyone can click the link and download the PDF. I can do something different on this but I'm just a little frustrated as to why the URL group is not working.

Thanks,

John

• DavidM

Hi John,

The first issue you mentioned sounds like it could be due to one of two things. If the Page you're using for that restriction is itself restricted for that membership level, they wouldn't be able to access that page.

Also, if you've got the Registration Page and Protected Page setup as the same page, that could result in the 404 you're seeing. In that case, could you try changing one to a different page to see how that works for you?

The URL to the download, is it within WordPress, a Page perhaps? If so, you could use the Page rule instead of a URL Group rule.

If the URL is not within WordPress though, there's not a way that WordPress with Membership could be used to restrict that.

Thanks,
    David

• johnetec

David,

I made certain that the non registered users have access to the no access page. The no access page is

http://cruiselineservices.com/member-access-only/

The registration page is /register.I have several pages that are protected, but when clicked, they 404, instead of going to the no access page.

Understand about the download. I will make it a page.

I've attached a screenshot of the negative rules for pages for no reg users. You can see that the no access page is not selected, but the guarantee, and maintenance pages are selected.
    Any ideas?

John

• Barry

I have several pages that are protected, but when clicked, they 404, instead of going to the no access page.

Yes, this is the behaviour for the current version of the plugin I'm afraid - I'm hoping to get an interim update out with a change in this behaviour for testing as soon as possible before we move to version 3, as this behaviour will change from 3.0 onwards. If you are restricting certain pages, it may be worthwhile you using URL groups if you want to force the no access page to show.

How many pages are you protecting? Will they regularly change or are they pretty much static?

• johnetec

OK so what's the point of the no access page then, if the protected URL's do not redirect to that page?

The pages are static and will probably never change. There are only a few of them. I could try protected URL groups but this will require a lof of recoding to the page structure.

I can try URL groups but the whole no access page thing is kind of important. User are allowed to register but are not given access to most of the site until they are moved to the registered members level. However, if a non approved person tried to login, (they create a login when they register)... they are supposed to see the no access page. Now... instead of seeing the member access only info, they get a 404. Kind of critical to have that no access page working.

I know I have been a pain in the ass but I'm a little peeved that a function built into your plugin really does not do what is claims to do and I find out through support that it just happens to be that way... This is not explained in your manual at all.

I sell this to customers and brag to them about how awesome your plugins are and why we continue to pay for them . But now I'm over a barrel because I trusted the info you provide regarding the membership plugin.

I could do this another way if I could prevent the user account from being able to login until approved. Suggestions welcome...

Thanks,

John

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.