Membership used accross network with single user account.

Hello!

I've been doing a lot of research and am coming up empty.

I'd like to have my network setup with the Membership plugin to allow for paid memberships. But I want the user to only need to register and pay for the membership on the root domain/website and then automatically have the paid access on the rest of the network sites to remove advertisements.

Is this possible using a combination of your plugins?

Thanks,
Ryan Raplee

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

thanks for posting.

out of the box it only works on a site by site, so each site has it's own membership settings.

but you can enable it globally when you 1st install.

You can set the plugin to use "global tables" which will enforce it to use a common single set of tables for the entire network, then when you network activate it will run across the whole network as a single membership system and be managed via the network admin panel.

add the following to your wp-config.php then once done network activate the plugin.

if(!defined('MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES')) define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES', true);
    if(!defined('MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_MAINSITE')) define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_MAINSITE', 1);

hope this helps.

thanks

• Ryan
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the amazingly fast response. Talk to about support, impressed.

Since I already activated the plugin is there anything I need to do to revert initial setup and start anew with the added settings to wpconfig? Also will all new sites automatically be set to use the global tables?

Lastly, how would you, in code, display content to the select users based on membership?

Thanks! You guys are awesome.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

sorry bout the delay. I am unsure if changing it after it's been configured will cause issues, let me just ping the @Barry for you with regards to that.

if you want to show content using shortcodes, you surround the content with shortcode.

example

[level-free]
    your content here
    [/level-free]

which will then show that content only to those on the free level

[not-level-free]
    your content here
    [/not-level-free]

which will then show that content to everyone except those on free level

you can view the shortcode on your access levels page.

hope this helps

• Ryan
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you. I'm looking forward to Barry's response.

As far as the short codes, can you provide me with the PHP function calls? I'd like to be able to show/hide content in the theme directly on the sidebar and such. Mainly advertisements.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

i've pinged barry again for you.

with regards to the shortcode in templates see http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/do_shortcode

basivly you need the part for shortcode that uses opening & closing.

// In case there is opening and closing shortcode.
    <?php
    echo do_shortcode('[not-level-free]' . $text_to_be_wrapped_in_shortcode . '[/not-level-free]');
    ?>

you can omit the <?php & ?> tags if it's already inside them in the template.

hope this helps

• Dev4
    • Champion of Loops

Hi @Ryan,
    If you want to ping someone it often helps if you use their names with the @ symbol like I just did.
    For example I can say

"Hi @Vaughan Ryan is hoping for some more info on this topic from you or @Barry"

and often that person will be alerted (i think by email) that they have been mentioned in a thread...

(what I did just there should catch his attention, but if it is his day off it still might be a bit for him to get back to you)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.