Membership used for a community center

Have you ever/Can you use membership as a tool for a community center's pool privileges with something like an id scanner? So that when they have paid, they get access, when they haven't... You get it, right?
Is there a way to access the info like that?

• aecnu

Greetings chmchm,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the great question and though I know that scanners can produce quick data from bar codes etc. and depending upon the interface with the computer, it is probably possibly to use a bar coder but I do not know about an ID scanner?

If one can print their own bar codes and make those coeds into user names and then the password - possibly it can but not by default.

So the most important thing is the scanner used, how it reads and transfers the data, and can you print your own codes which is a bonus and there is not a thing I know of which would work specifically for this purpose out of the box.

Maybe something like Member Management Software would be a better choice for this purpose.

In addition, it certainly sounds like a useful plugin for possible WPMU DEV inclusion.

Unfortunately it's not currently available - but we'd love to put it into consideration for future development which might take a bit longer than useful.

Alternatively, you could see if there is a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.