Membership user registration fields & approval

Hi

To paint a picture..I am creating a membership website. New members need to be approved by the administrator.

I am using User Meta Pro and have created a long application form. Once admin are sure they want to allow the person to be a member they are activated and can choose their membership and pay.

This current method is not suitable as we would like to receive the payment at the same time as the application is submitted.

Is there a way that membership can be purchased by any users which have registered but are pending administrator approval? At the moment if the user submits the application and is awaiting to be accepted by admin, when they attempt to sign up to a Membership product/subscription, it asks them to sign in or register.

Alternatively, is there a way that I can add the custom user fields to the Membership plugin registration form and allow the administrator to approve any new users?

the desired behavior is to apply/sign up, purchase the membership and then be approved by the administrator.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Alexander

Hi @Justin,

I think the best way to do this would be to create 2 access levels. You could have one applied when they create their subscription, but then go into "Membership -> All Members" to manually add an additional level to their account for viewing the site.

This way the first level is more to get the payments going, and the next level is where the actual access rules are implemented.

Best regards,

• Alexander

Hi @Justin,

I'm so sorry about the delay here. As for those threads, the first one would only help with changing the page used. It would still be the same form provided by the plugin. The second one with the constant isn't actually supported. I'm not sure if that ever worked properly, as it's not in the documentation at all. It's also been removed from version 3.5 to clean up the code.

Actually, if you manually add an access level, it will be added indefinitely without expiration. So if your accounts are timed, you may need to have them create an account, but not allow access to add a subscription until you manually give them an "approved" access level.

You could use the shortcodes from Membership to create a custom subscription page.

[subscriptiontitle subscription="2"] – The title of the subscription.
    [subscriptiondetails subscription="2"] – The Subscription plan details.
    [subscriptionprice subscription="2"] – The subscription plan price.
    [subscriptionbutton subscription="2"]  - And the subscription plan button

Replace the number with the ID of the subscription.

(from here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#usage)

It's all a bit of a workaround, but could could work for you.

• Justin

Hi Alexander

Thanks for your reply.

Since my last message I outsourced and have been able to get my registration form to redirect to the /membership page (so the user can buy their membership product)

The way i have set it currently is each subscription has 2 access levels, for example -
    Subscription 1
    Unapproved - Finite - for 7 days - £50
    Approved - Serial - for 1 year- £100

This will get around the administrator having to manually approve each time. There are very few users that are rejected so instead i have give an unapproved access level for 7 days while admin can decide whether to delete their account. If the user is ok to become a member the admin will simply let the subscription run.

Question: When subscription 1 is nearing renewal, can you confirm that the renewal will be at £100 each year after the first. The £50 is an admin fee for checking the member out and should only be charged once (in the first year).

Secondly, the way i have set it above, when the user is signing up to the subscription, it says you will pay £50 for 7 days and them £100 each year. Then the user is charged £50 and will then presumably be invited to pay £100, 7 days later. I would like to charge the user £150 on the first day so that the next payment they make is the following year when they renew. I don't want them to have to come back in 7 days to pay another £100. Can you think of any way we can work around this.

the project is pretty much finished, this is the only complication left to iron out. Your speedy response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again
    Justin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.