[Membership] User was charge after cancellation by Stripe

There seems to be an issue where it continued to charge the customer for 2 months beyond cancellation on my site.

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Jeff VanDrimmelen

I hope you are doing great today and I am sorry for the delayed response from our side. Thank you for your patience so far and I hope we resolve this soon.

I have checked on your website the transaction log for the referenced user having the issue and it seems their subscription is already marked as "Expired - No Access" and the last billed invoice was due on 2017-11-07 and seems it is not marked as paid on your website. It would be very strange if this invoice was paid for on Stripe but still not paid on the website.

I have confirmed from the code that the subscriptions are supposed to be cancelled at the end of the billing period which means if someone cancels before the end they will still have access until the end of the billing period after which they should not be charged anything, it is very strange that Stripe is still charging the member while the website has no record of these charges.

Unfortunately this is an issue I could not replicate on my test website so we have to work on your website to find as much information as possible about this, for this we will need to have FTP access so we can check if there are any PHP warnings or errors that might have been logged when the member was cancelling the subscription.

The only explanation is that maybe the website failed to communicate with Stripe to update and cancel the subscription on Stripe. It might be caused by the recent change in the Stripe API or a temporal communication error. In order for us to confirm this, would you please send us your FTP details so we can have a closer look. You may send your FTP login details via our secure contact page, on the contact page choose "I have a different question" then in the subject include "Attn: Lindeni Mahlalela" and in the message box include:

- FTP Login details (FTP Host, Port, username and password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant or new information that may help

Once we have this we will check to see if we can find anything in the logs and also compare the core and see if we can do anything here. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Have a nice day.
    Lindeni

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.