Membership v2 form modification?

Is there a way to add more fields to the user submitted form? Also, is there a way to send notifications of the user who signed up to an admin user?

I'm needing to ask more information from a user and send that info to an admin user to forward information to a new user.

Thank you for your time.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jesus,

Hope you're having a good weekend and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

Is there a way to add more fields to the user submitted form?

We have added integration with BuddyPress to allow this :slight_smile: so if you install BuddyPress and ensure the Extended profile fields component is enabled, then go to Membership 2 > Add-ons and activate the BuddyPress integration add-on it will now use BuddyPress' registration page.

You can edit the fields on this page by going to:

Users > Profile fields.

We're actually improving custom field functionality in the next version which should be out next week :slight_smile:

Also, is there a way to send notifications of the user who signed up to an admin user?

It should already be sending emails to the admin when someone signs up for a membership :slight_smile: is it not? Or maybe I am misunderstanding the question?

I'm needing to ask more information from a user and send that info to an admin user to forward information to a new user.

This isn't possible out of the box in the current version. So you are wanting to add custom field data to the email that then gets sent to the admin, which they can forward to someone else?

I think an easy way to add custom field data to the emails is a really good idea and I can put that on the feature request list for you :slight_smile:

Any further questions on this just let me know!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jesus,

With Buddypress, I can add additional fields to the signup registration form?

Yes :slight_smile:

And that information can be sent to the admin user?

Only default fields and membership data can be added to the emails at this time. As seen in my screenshot. The ability to add in custom field data to the emails is something we're looking into though :slight_smile: I can definitely see how it would be a useful feature.

Hope that clears things up! If you still have further questions on it just let me know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.