Membership Website Question- Membership and Private Plugin

Hi there,
We are in the middle of launching a product on our website. We have the Stripe setup on the website and the payment is being processed on our Website.
Now, once a user has purchased the product, we want to redirect them to a private page or a membership page. I am looking to get input from you as to what is the right plugin to use for such purpose. Obviously, we would like to keep it as simple as possible in terms of implementation and security viewpoint. We would also like to be able to track how many users are accessing the secured content area.
We also want to ensure that whichever plugin we use, it doesn't override the theme that we have on our website nor does it interfere with any other plugins on the website.
If you can come back to me on it as soon as possible, that will be great.
Regards,
Hassan.

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, Hassan!

Do you need all members directed to the same page, or will they see a unique page depending on their membership level?

If it's the first one, we've got that covered. You can use a Login Redirect plugin (we have one!) https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/login-redirect/. That will take the members to the page of your choice as soon as they log in.

If you'd like something more customized, we'd need to have a better idea of how your membership levels will work in order to help you do this most efficiently.

Thanks!

• Hassan

HI there,
    We have the following page on the website:
    https://www.dagmarkhan.com/stress-less/
    Where we are collecting the payment for the product. We don't have any Membership or protected content plugin installed.
    We want a solution which is best suited to our needs for this. The questions that I have for you are as follows:
    What is our best option in terms of the plugins to use if we want to create a Protected or Membership based site?
    Which plugin will you suggest and how will it work?
    Will the plugin allow us to use the existing theme design or will there be customization options available?
    What is the best way to create a user on the website after we have received the payment?
    We also want to ensure that there are no compatibility issues with the plugin that you recommend.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,
    Hassan.

• Hassan

HI there,
    Can you please come back to my question above, I haven't heard back from you and would like to hear from you as soon as possible.
    We have the following page on the website:
    https://www.dagmarkhan.com/stress-less/
    Where we are collecting the payment for the product. We don't have any Membership or protected content plugin installed.
    We want a solution which is best suited to our needs for this. The questions that I have for you are as follows:
    What is our best option in terms of the plugins to use if we want to create a Protected or Membership based site?
    Will the plugin allow us to use the existing theme design or will there be customization options available?
    What is the best way to create a user on the website after we have received the payment?
    We also want to ensure that there are no compatibility issues with the plugin that you recommend.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,
    Hassan.

• Michelle Shull

Hi Hassan!

We have two plugins for this, Protected Content and Membership. If you're starting a new site, Protected Content is the better choice. If you've already got an established site, with members and content, Membership is better. Membership is a little more robust, and Protected Content is a little easier to use.

It depends on how you want to provide protection, and whether you've got a new site or an established site, as I explained above.

Both Membership and Protected Content can work with your theme, in most cases. Most of what they do is behind the scenes, but they do both create pages for things like registration and account management. These pages should work with your theme, but we've not tested with every available theme - without knowing the theme you're using, I can't tell you for sure.

Both Membership and Protected Content come with a registration tool/page that will allow users to enter their account details when they purchase their membership, if they don't already have an account on your site.

We've tested both Membership and Protected Content with several third party plugins, and we've worked with members who have different plugin combinations installed who haven't experienced issues. I don't know of any specific plugins or themes that either Protected Content or Membership are incompatible with.

Hope this helps, Hassan!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.