Membership widget - Do not redirect to login if password is incorrect

I'm using the Membership login widget. If the person enters the wrong credentials they are kicked over to wp-login.php or in my case /login/
I'd like to stop this functionality so that instead of a redirect it simply says incorrect password or adds a reCaptcha.

Also, and this may need a seperate request, but the login redirect plugin is not redirecting properly when using the membership login widget, it takes people to the dashboard.
--Edit-- I found another plugin that does what I need for the login widget and restricting access to the dashboard. May still want to look into it though as the login redirect plugin was not functioning as I expected.

Is there another plugin I could use?
Is there a way to stop access to the default wordpress login altogether?

Can you recommend a plugin?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jeff,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your questions!

If the person enters the wrong credentials they are kicked over to wp-login.php or in my case /login/
    I'd like to stop this functionality so that instead of a redirect it simply says incorrect password or adds a reCaptcha.

I also need to know how can I add new fields, such as physical address, to the [subscriptionform] and [accountform] areas

Or to require a physical address upon registration?

Easiest way to resolve the profile fields issue would be to use BuddyPress alongside Membership :slight_smile:

If you don't want all the social network features you can turn all those components OFF and just use extended profiles, which will allow you to create more profile fields that will show up at Membership registration.

As for the login widget, that is the typical behaviour of most login widgets; however, we should be able to find one that will act more the way you are looking for. You can try this one here out: https://wordpress.org/plugins/tt-sidebar-login-widget

but the login redirect plugin is not redirecting properly when using the membership login widget, it takes people to the dashboard.

The Membership login widget has it's own redirect field. Did you place a link in that field as well?

Look forward to hearing back Jeff!

Have a great rest of your day.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.