Membership2 and PayPal Single Gateway not working

Hi,

Having just switch payment methods from Paypal Standard to PayPal Single Gateway, I have discovered that Paypal is not talking back to the membership website and thus membership is not given to the buyer.

I had the membership payment working with the Paypal standard gateway and then the client decided to switch from recurring payments, and thus the gateway was switched to the single gateway.

Payment is taken and the user is taken back to the membership site, but the user is not added to the membership.

Any ideas? Is an IPN needed?

Cheers,

Nick

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi there, Nick!

An IPN is needed and used, but if recurring payments were working as expected for you, I don’t think that’s the issue here, your recurring payments would have utilized an IPN as well.

I’m not able to replicate this on my own site, the connections appear to be working as they should and members are added to the correct membership.

Let’s have you double check your paypal settings one more time, just in case something is missing there, and then if you’re still not getting anywhere, I’d like to take a closer look. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking “Grant Access” button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Thanks!

• nicholasduell
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Michelle,

Ok, I have added an IPN for the website and retested, and the issue is still persisting. ( the user is not added to the membership level.

I have granted support access. Can I tell which site it is over another communication?

The only other change that was made between the payment gateway changes was an SSL certificate was added.

Cheers,

Nick

• nicholasduell
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,

I have done a lot testing and I still can not isolate the problem.

Looking at the transaction logs, the membership plugin is receiving the notification back from Paypal, and is acknowledging the payment as received. (screen shots attached)

However the user membership is not activated. It seems that another members (Wpdevmu ) has had the same issue.

I know the Paypal IPN link is correct, as the as the user is marked as paid, what stop this user being upgraded to the appropriate membership?

It would be appreciated if I could get some help ASAP.

Cheers,

Nick

• nicholasduell
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi all,

To continue this great conversation I am having with oneself.

I have managed to resolve the issue, it was the object cache (W3TC in particular).

If you have memberships payments coming through, but the users are not turned into members and you have an object cache plugin running, then you need to adding the following to the non-persistent fields/groups.

MS_Model_Membership

MS_Model_Member

MS_Model_Communication_Invoice

This should resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Nick

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.