Membership2 locks out network admins from sites

Hi:

So, I just installed membership2 on a child site in a multisite installation. After creating a bunch of memberships everything seemed ok - till I tried to log back in as the network administrator to try to get to my dashboard. Maybe a bit of an oversight here during the installation process or was this by design? If by design, how can I regain access to the site's dashboard?

Thanks.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Nigel,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

The latest version of Membership 2 Pro plugin is working fine on my test site without locking me out as the network super administrator.

Are you getting any error message or anything else when you try to log in?

Is the issue occurring only for network administrator or also for other users having different user roles like subscriber?

You can disable the Membership 2 Pro plugin by renaming the following directory of this plugin using FTP or file manager.

/wp-content/plugins/membership/

Would you mind if I try to login in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just send log in info through our secured contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Vinod Dalvi"
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include login information (Wordpress admin info username + password )

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Nigel

Hi:

Disabling the plugin brings back the ability for the network admin to access the site. Adding the network admin to the site and then turning membership2 back on fixes the issue.

Would simulation mode have anything to do with this? Maybe starting the simulation with a network admin login is the issue> Because you can't exit simulation mode without being able to log back into the site as network admin.

Do you want a login for the admin of the site or for the network admin?

Thanks.