Membership2 Login Questions

Before I migrate to Member2.. I am needing to know how flexible the registration process is. Can I have it to where all that is required is name and email to be submitted and the system sends them a password?

Also, will the new user be added to a mailchimp list that I choose with a merge tag?

Also does Member2 allow access by user role?

Thanks for you help

EJ

• Sajid

Hello ME Admin,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Membership 2 Pro plugin have a very nice AJAX powered registration and login process on frontend that matches your site's branding and styles. While, registration your users can setup their password and emails right there.

But in case you want to hide, show or make certain fields required. Then you can easily do that right from Membership 2 Settings. Just enable the Profile Fields add-on from Membership 2 -> Add-ons and then configure it from Membership 2 -> Settings -> Profile Fields.

Also, will the new user be added to a mailchimp list that I choose with a merge tag?

Yes, it does have Mailchimp integration out of the box. Just enable MailChimp Integration add-on from Membership 2 -> Add-ons and configure it from Membership 2 -> Settings -> Mailchimp.

From here you can select what user you want to get added in what Mailchimp email list.

Also does Member2 allow access by user role?

Yes of course, we do have Member Capabilities add-on that will allows you to assign user roles or even individual capabilities.

Just enable this add-on from Membership 2 -> Add-ons and you will see a new menu in Membership 2 -> Protection Rules -> User Roles/Capabilities.

However, I would recommend you to deploy Membership 2 Pro plugin on a staging site (exact replica) of your existing live site first before migrating right away.

Here is a nice tutorial on how to create a staging site.
    http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/

Some hostings like WPEngine and siteground does provide one click staging site creation option in control panel.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid

Hello ME Admin,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

That depends on how your previous plugin or system were managing the users. If they were default WordPress users then you don't need to do any to import those users into Membership 2 plugin.

If you are not sure then go to Dashboard -> Users, if you see all your members there then these are default WordPress user and you are good to go.

Regarding the membership levels, I am afraid, there is no import/export option available from external plugin/system.

You would have to do it your self manually by creating memberships and then adding them into their corresponding membership levels.

Also, please note that, for recurring memberships, your users have to complete the checkout process to create a recurring profile. That is required, because you or no one can complete the checkout on members behalf.

In this case, what you can do is create their first month/interval membership and ask them to renew again on expire. You can send emails to all users of a specific membership within Membership 2 Pro plugin.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.