Membership2 Pro Multisite

I am currently using Simple Membership for protecting my pages but it is not working well on my multisite. If I switch to Membership2 Pro, when a new member registers, will they be registered on all four of my sites?

With SM they are registered as Users on all sites but they only get registered as a Member on the main site.

Will Membership2 Pro solve this problem?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Mary,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think the Membership 2 Pro can be of help here. It doesn't register users on all sites automatically but you could create setup like this:

- use "Multisite User Management" plugin to make sure that the user that signs up is automatically "propagated" to all sub-sites (you can even set default user roles)

- use network-activated Membership 2 Pro setup to work in a "network-wide" mode

The Membership 2 Pro plugin can protect entire network at once. Users won't have to signup separately for separate memberships on your sub-sites and you can manage protection rules and memberships from a central place. The trick is that this mode must be activated before you setup memberships, protection rules and let members signup. The steps would be as follows:

1. Install Membership 2 Pro on your Multisite but don't activate it
    2. Add following line to the "wp-config.php" file of the site:

define( 'MS_PROTECT_NETWORK', true );

Make sure that it's located above the "/* That's all, stop editing! */ line.

3. Network-activate Membership 2 Pro

From now on each membership that you create may be used across entire network (main site and all sub-sites) and you can setup protection rules for content on each of the sites.

When users register they should also be added as users to other site of the network thanks to the plugin that I mentioned at the beginning.

However, since you are already running a network of live sites I would suggest giving a try first on a staging site so you could make sure that it works the way you want it to and to get familiar with all the settings, configuration and workflow of the plugin. This way we could also assist you with this setup if necessary without any risk of breaking the site.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Mary!

I must admit that I'm not that much familiar with Simple Membership so I'm not sure. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be possible but I don't see references to similar setup on their docs page (https://simple-membership-plugin.com/simple-membership-documentation/)

Have you tried to ask the Simple Membership developers if something like that would be possible? I've never contacted them so I don't know if and how fast they respond to messages but surely the would now that better than me :wink:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Mary
    • Wisp of the WP Loop

Thanks Adam. They don't seem to respond at all. I asked for a quote four days ago to have them do it for me. I've never heard from them.

I've hired four coders through Freelancer who have not been able to do it. The last one royally screwed up my whole website.

It may be worth the trouble to switch to get your support.

• Mary
    • Wisp of the WP Loop

I can't make any headway with Simple Membership. I think I'm going to install Membership2 Pro and give it another try.

Can you tell me one thing. When I set up multisite my themes never showed up like they were supposed to and even now, in the Network Themes it shows them as not active.

Is this normal or is there something that should be fixed?
    Support access is granted if you want to take a peek.

• Mary
    • Wisp of the WP Loop

So far so good. I'm just getting started. Haven't done anything about registration yet. Just want to make sure my current members can access pages.

Can you please tell me how to show 200 members per page instead of 20. (functions.php???)

Thanks!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mary,

Can you please tell me how to show 200 members per page instead of 20. (functions.php???)

Have you already tried applying solution provided in your other thread earlier in the year?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/all-members-used-to-show-100-per-page-now-has-reverted-to-20

Can you tell me one thing. When I set up multisite my themes never showed up like they were supposed to and even now, in the Network Themes it shows them as not active.

With multisite installation all the themes will only show in Network admin until they are network activated, once you network active one or more themes they will show as available themes on subsites.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Mary
    • Wisp of the WP Loop

Thank you Predrag for all your help. My apologies for asking the same question twice. I must admit I was so tired last night that I wasn't too sharp, and my memory is sadly lacking in many areas. I am in my 70's and just have so much information packed in there that sometimes the stuff I need is just pushed too far down to be recalled. :wink:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.