membership2 pro registration/purchase process

Hey there... so I'm offering a 6 week course that I thought would be best delivered through the Mwembership2 Pro plugin... using drip feed content.

This is my sales page here: http://www.sacredhypnogoddess.com/sacred-feminine-wisdom-online/

But when people go to sign up - they click on the circular BUY NOW button/pic and get taken to the REGISTRATION page.... and if they register, but don't actually pay, then they end up in my mailing list that says they have paid....

Can I send them to a payment page first.... and then they register their details afterward??

And if so then what link would I use to get them to a payment page first? This would be better as less clicks also...

Thank you, I hope you can respond quickly... its becoming timely now!

• Milan

Hello Kali Carmel,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Can I send them to a payment page first.... and then they register their details afterward??

No. This won't be possible for now. Payment processing mechanism requires information about user so our system first register user and then passes its associated information to payment processing module and then those information gets passed to respective payment gateway. So this won't be possible for you to make in action.

Hope this helps you. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Kali Carmel!

I think it's worth noting here that the Membership plugin needs to identify user in order to be able to apply memberships to his/her account (and in case of subscription-based membership create subscription at payment gateway). Therefore it needs to gather some data before asking for payments. That's because that data is required by payment gateway's API. This part cannot be changed.

I did however re-read your initial question and this part confused me a bit:

But when people go to sign up - they click on the circular BUY NOW button/pic and get taken to the REGISTRATION page.... and if they register, but don't actually pay, then they end up in my mailing list that says they have paid....

By "BUY NOW" button are you referring to Membership plugin or other plugin (e.g. that's handling a course)? Do you have any additional plugin for handling mailing lists?

I'm asking because the default workflow in case of paid membership is like this:

- not logged in user visits membership list
    - selects membership
    - is given an option to login to WP account on your site or register
    - if user logs in user is directed to "checkout"
    - if user needs to register, user is redirected to a registration form and then to "checkout"

At this point there are two scenarios possible:
    - user makes a payment and is automatically assigned selected membership
    - user doesn't make a payment - in this case the invoice "waits" and user is not given a membership

In both this cases he/she do have a regular WP account on your site and nothing else should happen here unless there are some additional options enabled and/or external plugin involved.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.