Membership2 problems with updating and menu

Please move this to Membership2 Pro category. Your dropdown is not giving me the option for it!

Hello,
We are having problems with the membership plugin not correctly displaying menu items to members all of a sudden. So I tried to upgrade to your new version of Membership2. I purchased it, then went through wpmu dashboard and clicked to install. It downloads it and says it installs but then nothing happens and the odl version is still there. If I try to install again it fails saying the directory of files is already there. Please help right away. This is a large site with many members unable to access content. Thanks!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Spiritap,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Please move this to Membership2 Pro category. Your dropdown is not giving me the option for it!

It's providing the option for me as shown in the attached screenshot so may be you have not installed this plugin on your domain that you have selected for this topic so may be you are not getting it.

If I try to install again it fails saying the directory of files is already there.

You can install it manually by deleting the membership pliugin folder from /wp-contant/plugins/ by using FTP or File manager and then install the new plugin version as described on the following page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/installing-regular-plugins-on-wpmu/#ftp

I strongly recommend you to take back up of your site using the following snapshot plugin so that if anything goes wrong then we can recover it.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Spiritap,

Please enable debug mode in your WordPress and then try to activate the Membership plugin again - this way we will see what is causing the white screen.
    To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.