Membership2 - Simultaneous logins with same user account possible?

Hi, I have a need to use a single membership for multiple 'users'.
The requirement is for a single subscription to the sites content to cover multiple user access. The simplest solution, for us, we thing? is to have a single user account and distribute this to all users to gain access.
My only concern with this is a conflict within wordpress, when a user tries to access the same page/content? Will wordpress allow multiple simultaneous logins for the same 'user' account? Or will is block a second login? (I understand it has editing control in place, but users of this type are not editing pages, just accessing restricted content of course.
Thanks for your advice.

If you're aware of a way to configure the plugin so a single membership can allow multiple sub users to be 'nested' under it and gain access, this would be helpful.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @varihost,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

WP by default allows you to be signed in to same account from different places at the same time and M2 doesn't change this behaviour so you will be able to access protected content from multiple places at once.

If you're aware of a way to configure the plugin so a single membership can allow multiple sub users to be 'nested' under it and gain access, this would be helpful.

Could you please elaborate this a bit more as I'm not sure what are you looking to accomplish with this?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• varihost
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Pedrag,
    Thank you for your reply, that is helpful to know.

By nested, I meant if I created a master user account to handle the subscription of the membership. But is there a way of then creating additional user account that we can assign or attach to the master account, so that they can have and manage their own user details and access? But access is determined and controlled by the master account (duration and pages based on the master membership subscription) ?

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.