Membership2 subscription issues

Hi there,
Couple of situations.

First, Super Admin is being consider as a member (ok I get it) but I still received everyday (several times a day) notifications that the Admin subscription has expired. It is making me crazy. Also, it keeps billing my Admin user the membership price and I don't want that.

Secondly, I have users to test with and when they are on a Free membership the system keeps sending them that their membership has expired (after 30 days) and that they have to renew their membership in order to continue with it.

Third, if a user has sign up for a recurring membership, it will auto renew or it will be sending an email saying that their account is about to expired and that they will need to renew it?

Thanks!

Mahlamusa

Hello Philip,

I hope you are doing great today and thank you for contacting us.

1. I am not sure why the Admin can be considered a member. By default, admins are not supposed to be members but will be if manually assigned to a membership. By the looks of it, in your system, the admin user has the Plus membership. This suggests that the user manually subscribed to this membership as they are already linked to a payment gateway. There is not way to link to a payment gateway unless the user intentionally signed up for the membership. Maybe this was done as a test. You can remove the membership of this user or cancel the subscription.

2. This should only happen for paid recurring subscriptions. If the free membership is set to permanent then there should be no notifications about expiring memberships. I noticed that the free membership has been set as a permanent membership, in which case it should not send expiration and renewal messages to the users. Can you please confirm if this is a resent change or it was already set to permanent when the members were receiving the renewal emails.

3. When a user has subscribed for a recurring membership, they will receive an invoice towards the end of the month telling them payment is due for their membership, the payment will be automatically settled in the payment gateway and they will receive an email confirming the payment. This will be fully automated if they signed up themselves and processed the first payment themselves. If they were added manually on the admin side they will only receive invoices they will have to pay by clicking a link.

I hope that helps and hope it answers your questions. Please let us know if I have missed something and we will be happy to assist in anyway possible.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day,

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa

Phillip Roru

Hi Mahlamusa,

1. I can't remove the user or cancel the subscription (the user is the Super Admin for the network)
    Here is another ticket that was created for this specific problem: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/unable-to-cancel-membership-2-subscription-for-admin-user

2. It was a change after the subscription was created.

3. Thank you for clarifying.

Philip

Mahlamusa

Hello Philip.

I hope you are doing great today and sorry for the delayed reply from our end. Things have been hectic on our side. I have logged in to your website and hosting control panel to inspect if there is anything that we can use to solve this issue.

I accessed the database using phpMyAdmin and I went through the membership records for the super admin user. There is a whole history for this super admin user. It appears that the member registered for a few Memberships intentionally as seen in the screenshot below.

I have seen that the "Admin Side Protection" add-on was active on your site and that the super admin was subscribed to the Plus membership which gave access to some parts of the admin. I was wondering if this subscription was intentional because I tried to replicate the same on my setup but I couldn't. Activating the "Admin Side Protection" add-on and protecting admin pages with the highest membership did not result in the super admin being subscribed to any membership. This should be so on all setups because the super admin has access to everything no matter what.

Right now I think the quickest solution is to cancel the membership on the gateway if linked to any gateway and then manually delete the records shown above in the database for this user. With your permission, I can handle deleting the records on the database so that no membership, invoice or activity will be associated with the super admin user.

Please let me know if you are willing to delete the subscription manually through the database. Also let me know if you would want me to do it for you, I will be happy to help.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa