Membership2 Upgrade lost previous plugin feature

Hi there I've updated all the plugins in my site. It is currently underdevelopment but I think we've lost a function after upgrading the membership plugin.

There's Administrative Limitations you can set on the previous plugin. can we still do it in the new one?

I'm trying to limit the number of blogs that a user can create in my multisite something like Level 1 - 10 blogs, Level 2 - 20 blogs, Level 3 - 30 blogs etc.

I've attached the screenshot of what I'm talking about I wish to have it back or atleast to know how we can get it back working.. Thanks! :slight_smile:

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s200/sh/95ce0012-f1e1-4744-9dae-8e40a0226f2b/134e7a45aeaef53a3534fb5d63eaf11b

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Googleking1! Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am afraid I can not find this option in Membership2 Pro plugin for now. We always appreciate your feed back and suggestions from our members. It will be a good addition in plugin. I am moving this thread to "Features and Feedback" forum and reporting this feature to developer directly. I am unable to provide an ETA and can not guarantee it will be added in this plugin or not.

Take care and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Googleking1
      • Flash Drive

Got it. Thank you for your answer. Can I still continue to use the old plugin file while you work on this feature stuff? Do you have the link of the previous plugin version where I can get it?
      my you have a great weekend too! :slight_smile: Cheers mate!

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Googleking1

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Its in our todo list and will be added in future version of this plugin very soon. Keep an eye on this thread for updates.

I am sorry for the broken link. You can download plugin directly using below link, but you have to login to wpmudev for download link to work.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/download/31405892_membership-3.5.33.zip

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Googleking1

Hope you are doing today :slight_smile:

I am sorry for delay here.

Yes! I will update this thread when the feature will be added in the plugin. So keep an eye on this thread for updates :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Googleking1
    • Flash Drive

Hi Sajid or anyone at support!

Good Day to you!
    it's been a while since I last checked for the plugin update about the restriction of the number of sites you can create in a multisite using membership plugin. Is this available on the new plugin now?

Or if it's not what alternative can we use, or can pro site plugin itself limit the number of sites a specific member level can create.

Thank you! :slight_smile: Looking forward for your input. Have a good one!

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Googleking1

I am sorry for the delay but its not yet developed. But the good news is he says if it were included in the previous version then can be done with this one too, as an add-on. But still I am unable to provide an ETA here when it will be done.

Right now we have only one admin add-on using that you can protect admin side, even meta boxes.

For a workaround I am flagging SLS (Second Level Support) here. He will post a reply here with a quick solution, if possible.

For updates, keep an eye on this thread or you will also get notifed right in your dashboard if you have installed our WPMU DEV dashboard plugin.

Cheers, Sajid

• Googleking1
    • Flash Drive

Thank you Sajid. I hope to hear from your SLS as well. Have a good one! I wish you could have that back because it's a useful function for your plugin and too sad it was removed. It will also be a good addition to prosite. Cheers! :slight_smile:

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Googleking1

I am sorry for delay on this ticket. But any way I have a good news for you.

I come up with a little add-on for Membership 2 plugin to restrict the users when they reach their limit set in a membership.

To use this plugin follow simple steps below.

1. Enable Membership Attributes add-on from Membership 2 > Add-ons (this is required).
    2. Now go to Membership 2 > Settings > Membership Attributes.
    2.a. Create Max Sites attribute of numerical field type. The field slug must be max-sites (see screenshot).
    2.b. Create Max Limit Message attribute to display message when member reached their limit. The type of this attribute should be multi line text. The slug must be max-limit-message (see screenshot).
    3. Now go to Membership 2 > Memberships > Your Membership > Edit > Membership Attributes and input the limit, max limit reach message (see screenshot).
    4. Download the attached plugin and install/activate it like normal WordPress plugin.
    5. Now enable the custom Site Limitation add-on fro Membership 2 > Add-ons.
    6. Done!

If you want to edit the code then feel free to make changes in custom add-on without fear of getting them lost on update.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Update:

When a logged member within a membership that have set limit of max blog/sites reached, attempt to create a new blog from default WordPress signup up page (wp-signup.php) or from pro sites checkout page will get the message as seen in attached screenshot.

• SD2k
    • The Crimson Coder

Great information, thank you for this @Sajid

Do you think it would be possible to incorporate a similar principle to limit the amount of blog posts a member can contribute per month on a per level basis?

Likewise, do you think it would be possible to limit the amount of BP Groups a member could create at any given level using a similar principle as you have described here?

thanks!!!

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @SD2ked,

You mean the Level of ProSites or Membership 2 memberships ?

If its membership two levels then you yes you can limit anything on WordPress by using same approach and even better instead of display the error on page redirect them to register page from where they can log in or upgrade etc... depending on your logic and requirements.

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Sajid,

Please start your own thread. It might need some followups and revisions so instead of spamming this user with new post notification. Its better to continue in your own thread according to our forum posting rules.

Feel free to post this thread link in new ticket and flag me for reference.

Cheers, Sajid

• Darryn
    • Flash Drive

Hi Sajid

Thank you for all the help so far.

I have tried the following in order to allow site limitations.

I have created all the membership attributes needed (Max Sites, Site Limitation Message) and I have installed the attached plugin

However when I navigate to Membership 2 > Addons to activate the Site Limitations addon there is no Site Limitations Addon available to be activated.

Am I perhaps doing something wrong with the addon plugin installation?

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Darryn , I hope you are doing great today!

Thank you for posting in this thread, however, because this issue is resolved for the original author that has posted it, please create a new one. This way, the author will not be getting email notifications each time when there is a new post in the thread.

You can create a new thread here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Please describe in the thread what is the exact issue you are having. This thread is quite old and extension that is posted here might not work with current Membership version.

Thank you,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Googleking1
    • Flash Drive

Hi Sajid,

Thanks for all this just wanted to update this thread and ask few questions. 2 Years ago you sent me zip memberhsip2-sitelimit.zip it works before but unfortunately now it's not I've activated it but i can't see where to place the site limit for each member. Can you check please? Thanks!

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello Googleking1

This is most probably happening because Membership plugin has made a long way since then, with multiple updates... I've already forwarded this to our developers for further investigation. I can't promise, if this is going to be fixed, as I really can't tell how much work would require, anyway though, we will keep you posted here as soon as we've got some feedback from our devs. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.