Membership2 won't allow my users to cancel subscription membership!

Greetings,

I have a recurring problem where a user will cancel his or her membership through membership2 and stripe will get the notification. But then at renewal time, membership2 will send stripe a notification that the user has again subscribed to the membership, which is not the case. They cancelled the membership and did not want it to renew.

This has happened multiple time and its making users very angry! I've had to refund them multiple times these past few months.

Thank you for taking the time to read. And I look forward to your reply.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @allen8,

Hope you're doing well today!

The user is still having a Membership active status? Membership is creating new invoices to the user?

What is the ID of the user in question?

Can you give us access to your admin panel, so we can check your issue?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Cheers, Luís

• Allen
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Luis,
      Thank you for getting back to us. I have given you access to our admin panel. I have also attached a PDF with stripe's records. I have pointed out with red arrows the relevant API calls. As you will see, the user cancels the subscription via the membership2 user admin panel, and stripe receives the cancellation, but then for some reason your plugin resubscribes the user.

Hopefully that helps with your investigation.

--Update--
      We don't have the user listed anymore...We have deleted the user from our DB through the membership2 admin panel. We thought this would stop him from getting charged.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @allen8,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for my late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

I was testing the procedure in my install to try replicate the issue, but was unable.

I've been studying the user history and no invoice was created since the last one (January 6, 2016) and the user has a subscription deactivated, what turns this weird.

From what I understood, this issue only happened with this particular user, right? I saw other users that cancelled their subscriptions too without issues, I assume.

Cheers, Luís

• Allen
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

It's actually a recurring issue. The lastest issue is that WP will send some users an email notifying them that their membership has expired and includes a link to renew it. It's odd behavior because we'll paypal or stripe records show that they have been charged for renewal...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.