[[membership_only]] shortcode not working in membership plugin

Hi,

I have created some content that is viewable to different levels

[level-visitors]visitor[/level-visitors] works just fine

however,
[[membership_only]] text here [[/membership_only]]

does not work (shortcodes print in html output to non-logged in user) and additionally, the [[membership_only]] shortcode does not show up in the options>content protection tab. (whereas the [level-visitors] does.

How do I get the [[membership_only]] shortcode to work.

thanks,

PoU
my question is as follows: on

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi philosophyofuse

Thanks for being a member and using the forum!

I reckon you might have a similar issue to what I had. Could you have a read of the thread and let me know: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/shortcodes-i-make-dont-protect-content

Basically if you had the [members-only] shortcode in a previous version and you then upgraded, then you might have the same issue I found; that it doesnt work. Barry has said they should still work and be transferred over to the new version fine, but my one defo didnt work after the upgrade.

I have made a feature request of a global shortcode and multi-level shortcode combos.

As I can foresee more and more posts of this ilk.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @philosophyofuse

Thank you for being a member and for posting to the forum.

As @ThePath said, it might be an issue that came about after upgrading to the latest version of Membership. Please let us know what setup you've got and if you upgraded or not and we would be able to get a better idea of how to support you.

All the best and I look forward to your feedback.

Have a good day!

GinaB

• philosophyofuse
    • Flash Drive

@ThePath,

This sheds some light on things. I am new here, and so I began working with the most recent version which i believe is 3-RC-1. I did not upgrade, so the options you describe in your post were never available to me. to be honest, I can get away with a simple member/nonmember at this point, but being somewhat pedantic about at least trying to set things up "right" from the start, I wanted to put my planned membership levels (crawl, walk, run), in from the start.

That being said, I hope that the dev team will be able to implement (or re-implement) the global member shortcode.

Also, do you have any experience with how progression thru drips works? for example, if I have L1, L2, L3, where each level is supposed to have access to all lower levels, does the plugin automatically add the user to L2 at the end of L1, or does it SWITCH them from L1 to L2?

thanks again!

PoU

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello PoU,

With regard to your question:

Also, do you have any experience with how progression thru drips works? for example, if I have L1, L2, L3, where each level is supposed to have access to all lower levels, does the plugin automatically add the user to L2 at the end of L1, or does it SWITCH them from L1 to L2?

Each level is unique. In Drip, the user is moved from one Level to another and NOT have access to all the lower levels. So if you want user to have access to all content of L1 and L2 when the user is at L3, then you will have to include all that in the rules for L3. Hope that helps.

This tutorial will help you more: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/drip-feed-your-content-with-the-wpmu-dev-membership-plugin/ (It was written for the previous versions of the plugin, but still gives you an idea)

We also have a fully blown Novel, I mean Manual, for Membership plugin :smiley: - https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Membership-Docs-3027.pdf

Let me know if you have more questions. Good luck!

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey PoU

Glad I could be of help.

Good links as always from Arun there.

As far as Im aware if you are part of one level then thats it, no "swapping" or system like it. Individual levels can only access what you allow them in your settings. Thats it.

Please make a request using the request service at the bottom right to add the global or multi-level shortcodes to the plugin. The more people that ask the more chance it will get done :slight_smile:

If you are happy with the support and feel this topic is resolved please mark it at resolved at the bottom of the comment area. If you need further assistance then just let us know.

Cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.