membership/pay per view difference

Hi
I was reviewing the functions in Pay per view plugin and really make almost the same as membership.

Yo can create protect content, you can create suscriptions , you can get money from your protected content through pay pal or tour credit cards.

I essence both are the same except for some minimal features. Thats true? I'am wrong?
Any recomendation for choose one or another?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @wordev

I hope you are well today. Thank you for your question.

They are both very different plugins, though you are correct that they are similar with the base functions.

Membership will allow you to protect content, posts, pages, downloads, drip subscriptions, standard subscriptions, serial, indefinite, there's a lot of different rules for what you can and can't protect, positive rules, negative rules, advanced (both).

Whereas Pay Per View or is for one piece of content with the protection, it can't protect the whole site, it might be used for protecting say a tutorial in a post or a video.

If you could tell me what you'd like to achieve I can recommend which one to use :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @wordev

I hope you are well today.

Sorry for the delay on this, could you give me a little bit more information on this, Pay Per View may work for you depending on if you want to restrict access to whole pages? And bear in mind Pay Per view is a one off piece of content that they purchase and not a recurring subscription.
    Whereas membership is a subscription that they can get access to multiple pieces of content all at once, if that makes sense?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.