Memberships 2 how to disable payment

Is there a way to disable payment in the Memberships plugin?
I plan to get payment trough liceces ouside of the site. (company pays licence, and usesr use the site without having to deal with payments)
What I am looking for is a setting where all memberships can be picked by the user without going to checkout.
My main reason for using the plugin is the shortcode that hides and shows content based on group membership. Do have to go into the code and modify the payment gatway or is there other options?

• Madhusudan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello Bjorn,
    Hope you are doing fine today :slight_smile:

Is there a way to disable payment in the Memberships plugin?

Yes, there certainly is. You need to set up Free Membership while setting-up the Membership Plugin, then Free access Payment will be created.
    See the picture attached to create a free access payment:

What I am looking for is a setting where all memberships can be picked by the user without going to checkout.

While creating Membership Uncheck the This is a paid membership. You might also consider enabling the Invitation Codes Add-ons underneath the Membership 2 section through Administrator. By enabling this add-ons, users need an invitation code to subscribe to a membership.

Do have to go into the code and modify the payment gatway or is there other options?

No coding is required. Just Follow the above mentioned steps.

I hope this will help resolving your queries.

Thanking you,
    Madhusudan Pokharel

• Madhusudan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

bjorn - Hope you are doing good :slight_smile:
    You can achieve this by customizing CSS code. Don't edit the theme files directly, otherwise your changes will be overwritten whenever the theme is updated.
    An easy way to add custom CSS is by installing the Simple Custom CSS plugin.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Upon activation simply go to Appearance » Custom CSS and write down or paste your custom CSS like this:

#account-invoices{
    	display:none !important;
    }

You might need to customize Thank You Page too. To edit the Page, Go to Administrator section-> Pages -> Select Thank-You Page (Edit) -> Delete the line

The Payment Gateway could take a couple of minutes to process and return the payment status.

You can modify the message by adding your own lines inside the page.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanking you,
    Madhusudan Pokharel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.