Memberships 2 Pro causing too many redirects (BuddyPress Active)

Logged out, visiting my site as an unregistered user–

When Memberships tries to redirect me to any Membership specific page (Protected Content, Login etc) it times out and returns with the following


Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 302 Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.



I have deactivated Memberships & reactivated, but the same result occurred. When logged in, the dashboard works as normal, and all pages function as they should.

Sidenote: I was not revising any code in the backend when this began occurring, other than the child theme style.css. Also, I have not revised any files within the Memberships plugin itself.

  • Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

    Hello Ashley!

    I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question! I’d like to take a closer look at your setup so I tried to access your site using a support access that you granted. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to. Furthermore, the front-page of your site is not loading for me either. I also asked my colleagues (from another parts of the world) to visit it but it didn’t load for them to.

    The error we’re all getting on a front page says “[an error occurred while process this directive]”. That’s a server side error. Please make sure that your site is up and running and let me know here. You may need to get in touch with your hosting provider to fix this.

    Once the site is available, I’ll investigate the Membership 2 Pro issue and hopefully be able to help you with this in no time.

    Best regards,


  • Ashley
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

    SO sorry about my delay Adam. I’m not sure what was going on with it, but after toggling a few settings within Memberships, and creating a new “Protected Content” page, it pretty much fixed itself. It seems when combining with Buddypress, it can be a little trying at times. But, upon this most recent WP update, everything seems to be working smoother than ever!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.