Memberships 2 Pro not sending emails

According to a test made with Email Check the emails were being sent but change to WP Mail SMTP which showed that any emails are going out.

The error when trying to send password reset email is this one:
The e-mail could not be sent.<br />Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function.

Access details provided in the internal ticket.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello James

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I have checked your site and I see that there's a WP Mail SMTP plugin installed and configured. That's fine and that's usually an efficient solution to the issue that you reported initially.

However, it seems that the SMTP data is not properly setup at the moment. I went to the "Settings -> WP Mail SMTP -> Email Test" page and tried to send the test e-mail. This resulted in a "There was a problem while sending test message" error with following information:

Could not authenticate your SMTP account.

This means we were able to connect to your SMTP host, but were not able to proceed using the email/password in the settings.

Typically this error is returned when the email or password is not correct or is not what the SMTP host is expecting.

Recommended next steps:
    Triple check your SMTP settings including host address, email, and password. If you have recently reset your password you will need to update the settings.
    Contact your SMTP host to confirm you are using the correct username and password.
    Verify with your SMTP host that your account has permissions to send emails using outside connections.

What this means is that the SMTP e-mail credentials provided in "Settings -> WP Mail SMTP-> Settings" section are invalid. It might be either wrong password or a wrong port number selected or an Encryption or Authentification settings needs changes. It's also possible that the SMTP access must be specifically configured on a server site (e.g. it's disabled by default and needs to be switched on).

Unfortunately, this is the kind of information that I'm not able to provide you with because it's "server specific". That being said, would you please get in touch with your host and ask them to provide you with valid SMTP configuration information? Make sure that the plugin is configured according to that data and then give it another go by trying to send test e-mail from it.

If it comes through, then check site e-mails again and they should be working as well. If it still doesn't come through, let me know and I'll "dig deeper".

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.