Memberships 2 Pro: Renewal Process and Payment Confusion

I'm trying to determine the best approach to having a comprehensive renewal process for Memberships 2. I have come up with a couple ways I could set this up, but not sure which would be the best approach, if any.

1) One time finite payments where the member would be notified of expiration and be provided a link to a renewal page. Would I use the Membership List page? Would members need to sign up all over again?

2) Use recurring payments and provide them a notification that they are about to be charged, giving them the option to cancel the subscription. The "Subscription - Before Expired" automated email seems like it would do the trick, but I don't know what link I should provide to cancel the payment.

I also see that I can use both subscriptions and single payment gateways for a membership. Does enabling both gateways give users a different choice as to their payment experience?

Any help or a point in the right direction would be helpful. thanks.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Luke,

1) One time finite payments where the member would be notified of expiration and be provided a link to a renewal page. Would I use the Membership List page? Would members need to sign up all over again?

Yes, they would need to checkout again as this is one time payment plan for finite access. So each time they would need to join and checkout from memberships list. That is not the best option for recurring payments as Memberships already has recurring payments.

2) Use recurring payments and provide them a notification that they are about to be charged, giving them the option to cancel the subscription. The "Subscription - Before Expired" automated email seems like it would do the trick, but I don't know what link I should provide to cancel the payment.

They can cancel subscription in Memberships lists. Or depending of the payment gateway in payment service like Paypal or directly in credit card company. But you should send them link to memberships list with info they have to be logged in.

Does enabling both gateways give users a different choice as to their payment experience?

Yes, when they choose single payment for recurring payment they will need to confirm each recuring payment individually (in PayPal single). With standard gateway this will not happen.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Luke,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

When it comes to Stripe recurring payments, the only feasible solution would be, members cancel their subscriptions through the membership page. Or they would have to get in touch with their credit card company to block the payments. On the other hand, you(seller) could also cancel your members subscription from your Stripe account manually.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.