Memberships and other stuff

have you seen this http://www.yourmembers.co.uk/the-plugin/feature-overview/#yss

My client is asking for facebook integration that IS THIS... but I really love everything you have going on here at wpmudev... ahhh

So... how can I integrate or do you offer close facebook functionality like this membership site...

the big one is... if some one stops paying on the members area... does it close them down on the facebook side automatically and reinstate them when they pay?

Your the experts so... if you were me about to launch a massive membership site, with products, and facebook integration... what would you do?

I also need to pay out my partners 50% automatically when ever something gets sold...

just out of curiosity what would be your recommendation there?

• Mark Wallace

“I also need to pay out my partners 50% automatically when ever something gets sold”
    This can be done with the marketpress plugin. You can use the membership plugin for automated memberships and cancelations, but i don't think it will interfere with facebook. There is also a new facebook plugin that would handle just about everything you can do with facebook. Hope this helps. Ohh another tip a really important one with membership websites is Plan, Plan, Plan. They can get really complicated if you design it on the fly.

• aecnu

Greetings erroln,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

I have to totally agree with MTB1701 about planning, but planning within the capabilities of the plugins and resources available.

You have no idea how many members want to make their Television fly or rather want us to make their television fly and are upset when it does not happen.

the big one is... if some one stops paying on the members area... does it close them down on the facebook side automatically and reinstate them when they pay?

It closes down there membership within the membership[ itself and does not affect their Facebook account.

Your the experts so... if you were me about to launch a massive membership site, with products, and facebook integration... what would you do?

First of all I would not launch a membership site with Facebook integration or anything else with Facebook integration due to the stunts that Facebook just pulled downing thousands of web sites and pulling the plug on auto posting to Facebook pages unless admin of the page or logged into Facebook itself in which both are now criteria.

However, if I had to do this I would use Membership plugin to control the network, Market Press plugin for selling products, and Ultimate Facebook plugin for Facebook integration if not Facebooks new plugin itself.

But I would never integrate Market Press and Membership together personally other then linking to each other, so when in the event one has a problem they both do. This is where as a network administrator the clear advantage of non integrated systems within reason of course has time and again proven their valuable viability.

@MTB1701 thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you both for being WPMU Dev Members!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.