Memberships / Paypal IPN issue

Hi, I'm using Multisite with plugins Buddypress/Events Manager/Memberships/Classifieds.

I am having a problem connecting subscribers in Memberships to paypal for payment. The IPN is correct, I'm in live mode. When I connect to paypal for payment via Events Manager it processes and routes back to the site properly. I deactivated this plugin and tested, and still Memberships does not connect to paypal, just reroutes to the homepage. We are also using Classifieds as a free listing service.

Any idea what this could be about?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @misfitmedia,

Hope you're well?

You shouldn't need IPN enabled in PAypal for any of those plugins, can you try turning IPN off in paypal itself, the plugins should send IPN notify_url in their communications so entering an IPN URL in paypal shouldn't be necessary.

I also notice, you haven't entered an email address in the PP settings for membership gateway

Dashboard > membership > payment gateways

click settings on your paypal single gateway.

Hope this helps

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

It could be, if something is blocking paypal from sending the response back.

Is there anything in the IPN logs in paypal, if you check the IPN history, you should see responses for each IPN, click on any that related to membership and see what the response is.

I have also asked one of our developers for some advice to see if he can think of a reason why this isn't working for you, I can't say for sure whether AJAX issues will prevent it or not, i'm out of my depth where ajax/Jquery is concerned.

Hope this helps

• misfitmedia
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Right now when you click to sign up for a subscription, the site does not reroute to paypal, just goes directly back to the homepage of the site. This is on child sites. No log exists of the site even notifying paypal.

Paypal is receiving and logging IPN notifications from our Event Manager plugin but not any WPMU plugins including Membership.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Misfitmedia,

Hope you're doing well today! I see you have both PayPal standard and single payments active. Can you activate just one of them and make sure the IPN for that one is the one you have set in PayPal :slight_smile: then check it again. PayPal standard does both recurring and one-time payments.

If you could also try this in sandbox that would be awesome, or if you don't mind I could test it with my sandbox account? Let me know if that's okay and I'll go ahead and do that, just make sure support access is open.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey mistfitmedia,

So sorry for missing this one :slight_frown: looks like we dropped the ball here. Are you still having any troubles with the IPN?

If so, email me directly through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

I will be notified directly and can get this sorted asap.

Hope you're having a great day!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Misfitmedia,

Thanks for sending your details in :slight_smile:

I've checked this out and it looks like the issue is that both your BuddyPress and Membership registration pages were set to the same page. This was causing a conflict.

I've set them separately now. So you have your membership registration page /register

and your BP registration page /bp-register/

If you test out the sign up now, it will work correctly :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. This shouldn't have affected your IPN. It looks like that wasn't the issue - if you are still having trouble with that just let us know.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.