membership/subscription integration

When you have a membership site, you do not generally want to inform subscribers of new posts etc that are in levels that they can't access. At least it is annoying to the lower-level subscribers to see information about posts they can't access and there may also be security issues in the sense that you don't want them to know about a new post.

Subscribe-by-email is a plugin which effectively replicates Subscribe2. There is very little difference between the two as far as I can see.

To make it much more useful, it should also check whether a user is allowed to see a page before sending information. The option should be there to send emails to subscribers at certain levels about higher levels but it should all be under admin control.

This would make it invaluable for membership sites.

The same could be said about tag clouds BTW. We need a tag cloud widget that is integrated with the membership so that tags apply only to 'higher level' posts are not seen by the masses.... :slight_smile:

• Loggy

As you gather I am hammering quite a few WPMU DEV plugins at the moment so stand by for more suggestions.

Excellent though WP core is, my experience with various plugins and themes is that many of them don't do what it says on the tin. The WP site just lists plugins and themes without checking their compatibility with 3.2.1 or whatever is the latest. There really should be a filter.

I came across a theme the other day which cost $$$ from ThemeForest that (a) has clear layout problems with MarketPress and JigoShop (so it isn't just MarketPress), (b) leaves the last element of a dropdown top menu highlighted and (c) doesn't enable the Read More on posts - it is just ignored! The author seems to be AWOL having sold a few thousand. Nice for him.

So with WPMU DEV's quick response from you, David, Barry and others, even if you can't answer a question immediately, I am happy to try to break the software to make it better!

Well I would rather it didn't break of course...