Memberships/users aren't signed in to subsite but should be

Greetings! I am experiencing the same issue from the thread here:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-2-not-linking-with-subsite-as-being-logged-in?replies=14#post-988849
The problem is the same issue mentioned in the OP and the suggestion in the post:

I found that issue you experienced is not related to the Membership 2 Pro, but the fact that Multisite with Domain Mapping enabled doesn't allow to cross domain login.
So if your member (which is member on all sites) is logged to Tamana Springs site, he is logged only in Tamana Springs , and not to Lucid allusions.
If user is logged to Lucid allusions, the he is able to do the checkout in store, and the menu shows "Account Logout" as it should be.
You need to enable "Remote Login" in the Domain Mapping option to have cross domain login working.

Worked great. The problem came back when I disabled the plugin then re-enabled the plugin. I am not sure if there were any settings that didn't stay the same or if something was changed or not. However, here is the screenshot on how the settings look.

I also switched stripe payments in memberships to being "live" vs being in "test mode". I'm not sure that would have an effect here tho.

I do need to find a resolve for this right away however! I was notified by a customer and hadn't seen this appear again in testing (before going live with payment).

I hope you can help with this once more, looking forward to your response(s)!
The subsite is lucidallusion.tamanasprings.com (lucidallusion.com as domain map) and the main site is tamanasprings.com

Support access is granted as well!

Much Love
Ciro Bey

• Ciro Bey

@Rupok

I'm still seeing the same issue on three different browsers. I cleared the caches for the browsers but still have the same issue.

Once logged in with a "Private Member" Membership you should have access to lucidallusion.tamanasprings.com (subsite) protected content for that membership as well.

That would include the menu bar at the top changing (screenshot 1 shows that it hasn't changed even though I was logged in). Also should be able to access the checkout page but am not able to do so but instead redirected to the protected content page.

The link to the thread in the OP goes over this as well if that helps to further clarify!

Much Love and thank you for helping out with this. I'm going to change the protected content rules for the checkout page on lucidallusion.tamanasprings.com for the time being until this is fixed. That way members will still be able to check out. Just so you are aware during any testing. We can still test the membership with the top bar on every page that displays "Log in, become a member, cart" (screenshot 1) etc.

Ciro Bey

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Ciro,

Once logged in with a "Private Member" Membership you should have access to lucidallusion.tamanasprings.com (subsite) protected content for that membership as well.

I've check your settings and all sites are protected with the "Coming soon" membership not the "Private Memember". And if you take a look on your All members list, you will see that all of them have the "Private Memember" membership and not the "Comming soon".

I've checked on my test user and gave it both membership and it is working fine: I log on tamanasprings, go to lucidallusins and I'm still log in with proper menu.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Ciro Bey

@Kasia Swiderska
    I can confirm that as well. Once adding the Coming Soon membership to the use I was able to access the protected content on Lucid Allusion.

However, the content I'm referring to that's protected (previously the checkout page and currently the top user bar) is only protected for the Private Member Membership. Am I missing something here? How come a user needs both Private Member and Coming Soon Memberships to see the content?

Much Love
    Ciro Bey

• Rupok

Hi Ciro

I'm afraid, there is no native way in Membership 2 Pro by which you can protect the content in such a way that will require the user to have specific multiple membership to view the content.

It can be done with custom coding but this task will require quite complex coding which is beyond our support scope.

Please contact us if you have any further confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Ciro Bey

@Rupok
    I'm not quite sure I clarified too well. I'm not looking to have specific content be protected by multiple memberships, only one in each instance.

The 'Coming Soon' membership only protects pages that are in the process of completing and has no members assigned to this membership (other than testing ones).

The 'Private Member' membership has separate pages protected (not combined with the coming soon membership). The problem is that both memberships (Private Member & Coming Soon) are needed to access the content that is protected, and only available to, the "Private Member" membership.

Why is this? The content that is protected (mentioned above) should only need to have the designated membership status to be able to access correct?

• Ciro Bey

@Kasia Swiderska

I have disabled the Private Member protected pages on lucidallusion.com for the meantime. Although I left the protection rules for that membership on the "Member" Menu for lucidallusion.com (mentioned w/ screenshots above).

Like you tested above, the user needed the "Coming Soon" membership to access the "Private Member" protected content (or possibly both memberships). However you should have only needed the Private Membership for that user to access that specific content (only protected by Private Member membership).

I hope that clarifies...

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Ciro,

Like you tested above, the user needed the "Coming Soon" membership to access the "Private Member" protected content (or possibly both memberships).

No, user needs Coming Soon membership to see "Coming Soon" protected pages - and your pages are protected by that membership, not the "Private membership". When I tested first time, I had only Private Membership, and because all pages are protected by Coming soon I didn't have access to them.

I removed from my test account the Coming Soon membership, logged in on tamanasprings, click the lucidallusion site and I can see exact menu items I should see with Private membership: Account, Logout and the Cart. So protection works on the menu items.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.