Memory Allocation Problems

My site keeps on going down because of memory allocation problems and I cannot figure out how to stop the processes from starting up. I have had lots of correspondence with the hosting service and they say that processes have started and they are eating all the memory. I cannot figure out why they are starting and only the hosting service can stop them. Do you have any recommendations? The error message reads: Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 3407872) (tried to allocate 115708 bytes) in /home/segullah/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1780.

The line changes and the file changes as you try to access the site.

Things I have tried:
1. getting rid of any unneccessary plugin
2. allocating more memory in the wp-config.php file.
3. talking to the hosting.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Emilie, hope you had a wonderful day.

how to stop the processes from starting up

Can you please mention which process you are referring to specifically? That would give us better insights and we can guide you better.

they say that processes have started and they are eating all the memory

Did they mention exactly which processes are eating major portion of your memory?

Can you try installing this Plugin Performance Profiler and try to find out which plugin is using more resources then others?

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.