Memory Error While Using Site Wide Text Change

Hey There, Had a quick question about Custom Admin Text...

Not sure what has happened but we've had Custom Admin Text installed for a few months now... it's the only feature we needed from "Ultimate Branding". Anyway, we've been running it for a few months and just recently it seems the plugin started causing a memory error. With the plugin enabled, we get a memory allocation error on our Multisites Main Site. The error doesn't seem to occur on any of our sub-sites. We've changed our PHP memory to 256M which should be plenty but the error still occurs. Not sure if there is a bug but we really need to utilize this plugin so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Josh

• Nastia

Hello Josh

I hope you are doing well today!

I'm afraid that we no longer provide support Custom Admin Text. However, this plugin is implemented inside the Ultimate Branding plugin, which is up to date and works flawlessly. So feel free to uninstall Custom Admin Text and start using Ultimate Branding's "Network Wide Text Change" module.

Also Appears that the WPMU SEO plugin is causing a 500 error on our Network admin page. If we remove the plugin the 500 error goes away?

You mean the SmarCrawl SEO plugin, right?

I can't reproduce this on my site.

Would you please run a quick check for a conflict with a plugin/theme?

Deactivate all other plugins, switch to a default WordPress theme and test again. If the issue is gone, please activate one plugin at the time to find out which one is causing this conflict.

Please follow the flowchart from our manual:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Josh

Hey There, thanks for the reply. Ok, we also have WP defender and after disabling it the issue was resolved... Not sure why that happened all of a sudden? We have not changed any defender settings? Any way you can maybe be able to take a look at it?
    Btw, I understand that the Text Change plugin may be unsupported or outdated... why not just take it off the site then if we can't get help for it. Also, we were using ultimate branding but it was using so much memory on our site that it was causing issues, so we choose to go to a different white label solution. If the plugin the ultimate branding plugin has been updated to fix the memory issues we'd be more than happy to give it a try again?

• Sajid

Hi Josh,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

The plugin is there to be used standalone on a site if you don't need other features provided by Ultimate Branding plugin.

I am using ultimate branding plugin with 30second execution time out and 256M memory limit on my own site but did not get any timeout issues. However, it really depends on how many strings/text you want to find and replace on your website. If they are a lot then I would recommend you using the .mo/.po translation files instead as an alternative (I know you might just want to change text and not translate but that can also be used).

Also, one more thing, you should only enable the modules that you need to use to avoid an overkill.

If you want to go with translation .mo/.po files then please read this blog article where we described the steps in detail to translate a plugin or theme.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.