Memory Issues with the Q&A plugin

I am trying to implement the Q&A plugin in my site 'cause I was thinking of using it as a help reference for my MarketPress installation (so that users can have help instructions etc).

I posted a question and when trying to go to the "answers" section and write a new answer (using the dashboard) I got an error 500.
So I looked at my error logs and found this:

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in wp-includes/plugin.php on line 2873, referer: wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=answer

The obvious solution here would be to increase my memory_limit in my php.ini file. I know that and it's not why I'm posting this thread. That's not the point... it just doesn't seem reasonable to me that Q&A would have high requirements resources-wise, so I just wanted to know if anyone else has had any issues. (If nobody has had any issues like that then it's probable something else wrong with my configuration...)

P.S. WPMUdev staff, don't waste any time on this until I can figure out if it's the plugin or something else.