Mempership subscription and PayPal

Hi. I'm trying to set up the membership plugin for a client.

I have everything configured the way I want and all seems to be working except once the visitor completes the PayPal transaction, they are simply returned to the website homepage.

Is there anyway of sending them back to the login page or account page or the page they were on when they were last on the website?

• aecnu

Greetings brandicoot,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Is there anyway of sending them back to the login page or account page or the page they were on when they were last on the website?

I believe this is currently being controlled by a setting in PayPal --> Profile --> My selling tools --> Website preferences --> Auto return URL

Please advise if this is the solution you are seeking and also be sure to follow PayPals rules for the auto return feature noted just below the PayPal auto return URL.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings brandicoot,

Just checking in to see if you managed to get this issue resolved?

If so happy days and glad you got it sorted out and it is not necessary to reply.

In a house keeping effort I am going to mark this ticket as resolved. However, if you are still having issues regarding the subject matter of this ticket please mark it below as not resolved (or we may miss your reply) and include any errors or conditions of where we are currently at with the relative issue.

• brandicoot

It would appear that this is a plugin issue.

PayPal state that the return URL of the button will override the return URL set in PayPal profile settings.

When I had a look at the code of the button generated by the PayPal Express - with single payments gateway, the return URL is set to return to the home URL.

I can hack the code of this addon but I'm concerned the hack will be over-written with future updates. Is there a filter I can add or a configuration setting that I'm missing?

Cheers

Chris

• aecnu

Greetings Chris,

Something odd is definitely going on here.

Can we please have a screen shot of what is in the return URL and also please what the IPN is saying about it logged into PayPal --> IPN History --> Message ID --> Notification URL

This is in preparation for asking in the lead developer of Membership plugin if I do not see the problem within the return URL or the Notification URL.

• aecnu

Greetings Chris,

Once again just checking in to see if you managed to get this issue resolved?

If so of course happy days.

In a house keeping effort I am going to once again mark this ticket as resolved. However, if you are still having issues regarding the subject matter of this ticket please mark it below as not resolved (or we may miss your reply) and include any errors or conditions of where we are currently at with the relative issue including the screen shots requested above.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.