menu are not appearring to the unregistered user but have been set up as visible.

I'm using a genesis theme (not going to change) and have to many post and pages to allow all to be seen but menus should be. I have set reset and repeated the process over and over again I have used the view site as levels and I have logged in and out so many time I have reached my witts end. why are the menus not showing up as a visitor. I've cleared cache on the site and in my browser over and over again as well. all to no avail. any assistance would be appreciate. have slowly worked out most other issues. this one has me stumped. so I really would like to know why its not working.

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Leonard!

I tried to take a peek at your site, but I get this error:

Error 403

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=wdpunauth on this server.

You do not have permission to access this server. Data may not be posted from offsite forms.

Your technical support key is: xxxxxxxxxx

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.

If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact llorch at vitalizerplus.net and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.

So let's try something solving this without support access first. : )

To start with the simplest solution, do you have a Membership level set up specifically for site visitors? Can you take a screenshot of the settings for that access level and subscription level for me?

Thanks so much!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Leonard,

Hope you're doing well this weekend :slight_smile:

Do you have it set as your "Stranger Access level" in your Membership > Options > General tab? You need to set it here so it will actually apply to the visitors on your site.

I notice in your second screenshot you are applying the "Visitor" level in a subscription? This won't work if you have it set as the "Stranger access level" because it is meant for only 'logged out' users and if you apply it to a logged in user it will conflict.

Make sure it's selected in the stranger access level then let us know if the menus are visible for logged out users :slight_smile:

**one last thing: If it's still not working, can you post a screenshot of your "Visitor" level access rules?

Look forward to hearing back Leonard!

Have a great weekend.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Leonard

Yes but now there is another problem that is worse.As super admin I no longer can access the admin area not since allowing access to support. and support getting an error. I need access again and resetting the password just puts me back at an error of login or password is incorrect. I need to get this fixed can you or someone else assist me with this and then go to the other issues after that. this is our primary site that is no longer functioning properly. and I don't know what was done by support to cause the error they got but the site was set up for support access and they couldn't gain access either. and the error refers back to me and now I don't have access either. how do I fix this.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Leonard,

More than happy to help you out with this :slight_smile:

Do you mind sending in your FTP and WP login credentials through our private contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

I am going to go through FTP and temporarily disable plugins there so we can regain admin access and figure out what is causing the conflict here. Who is your web host?

Look forward to hearing back Leonard!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Leonard

where you able to access the site through ftp? I've made the changes the boss wants through FTP but still can't access the admin area. have you had any luck. removing the login limit plugin seamed to at least allow me to try logging in again but I still get the same errors. I haven't seen the error that Ms. Shull received. so I don't know what it was. I really need your assist on this. ASAP. Thanks...

• Tyler Postle

Apologies for the delay here Leonard! Just seeing your replies now, I still haven't received the login credentials through our contact form. Your actually the second person today to send something in and it not go through.

I just sent you an email that you can reply to with the details above :slight_smile:

If you didn't receive it then let me know!

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. As mentioned in the email, I am just about to head to bed, but I will be up early and will check back in on this.

• Leonard

Tyler,
    I have re-sent the info you require plus additional details. please be in today. My boss, the sites owner, is panicky and will not stop calling me until this is corrected. I don't know what else to do. I have to have the flexible media plugin functioning at the very least to allow our customers access to the site. it does not present a problem but with out it the home page errors out and does not complete its build. I hope this does not present a problem. please let me know.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Leonard,

Thanks for getting back to me, for some reason it is still not coming in. Did you reply to the email I sent you? Subject: "WPMU DEV Support - Credentials"

I will send you the exact same email from my own email address as well, that way it won't have anything to do with our site contact system. I will title it the same thing "WPMU DEV Support - Credentials" I am sending it to your account email address *name*.productions@gmail - I hope the way I wrote that is obscure enough, I can still remove it if you like :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back from you Leonard, my apologies for all this. I will keep an eye on my email for your reply!

Talk to you soon.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Leonard

Great that is where the problem is my boss created that email address for me and I don't even know the password for it. you can reach me at llorch_59 at yahoo.com. that is the best way to contact me. other then phone. and both are publicly available. let me know if this is ok with you. because I don't know of any other way for us to connect and I can't lease the FTP connections in this forum.I kept trying to send the info via the private system which list my yahoo address I don't even know where you got the gmail account from unless my log in is associated with my google account which as I said my boss set up for me. Anyway I'd like to thank you for your patience as we get on the same page. I have killed all of the plugins except flashxml because it kills our home page when uninstalled and transposh. our menus are back because the membership plugin has been removed all plugins are in the plugins-old folder. transposh is required for our customers but godaddy has issues with super cache in cpanel so I need to set up a different cache program which will work with both transposh and multi site super cache appears to have some issues. the site is on an apache server. and the data base is on the local host. I think that covers it. oh an I still can't log in. the login screen opens but it never goes away even after steps to change the password. I can only presume that I am not being authenticated. unfortunately I have not dug deeply into the files that handle that process to fix it on my own. sorry to bend your ear with so much but now its time for me to get to bed so I will be able to wake up tomorrow morning.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Leonard,

Thanks for getting back to me with this :slight_smile: I have just sent the email to you again. To your above listed email this time, so you should receive it. Glad we got that sorted.

All that information is awesome, it will help with troubleshooting. I am going to be going to bed soon myself; however, I'll keep an eye on my email in-case you get that information back shortly then I'll have a look now. Otherwise, I will check again in the morning :slight_smile:

Have a good night Leonard!

Talk to you soon.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.