Menu Breaks on Page Load, Then Shows Fine

Everytime the site loads, the menu goes haywire, then loads fine. The client is not thrilled, nor am I. What is causing this and how is it to be fixed? I have attached a screenshot, and support access is also enabled.

• Tyler Postle

Hey again Michael,

Now that you should have access to update Spirit, can you do that update? There was a fix regarding the menus in it.

If the update isn't working then you may need to re-login to your dashboard, which you can do via:

WPMU DEV > Manage > Click "edit" link beside the API key and it will prompt you to re-login. Then you should be able to update without any issues.

It looks like you have some additional authorization to access your site, I get a browser authentication message when trying to access support staff login. So if your menus still aren't working correctly, would you be able to send me in the credentials for the additional authentication? Then I can login and have a closer look

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" and for the subject enter "Attn: Tyler Postle". That will ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Michael, awesome, thanks for doing that!

I see what you mean and I've tested on my own site and see similar behaviour - looks like it takes a second for it to fully load the stylesheet. I'm going to flag this as a bug for our developers so we can get it looked into asap. Either myself or the developer will post back here once we have a solution/update on this.

In the meantime, let us know if you have any further questions

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Michael,

So our developer thinks he has this fixed up now and it will be included in the next update. He almost provided me with a temporary solution that we can try out on your site for the time being

If you would like to add it yourself, here is what you do:

until it is released, temporary work around would be to edit
    upfront/elements/upfront-newnavigation/lib/unewnavigation.php file

inside function:

public static function add_styles_scripts() {....

comment out this line
    #upfront_add_element_style('upfront_navigation', array('css/unewnavigation-style.css', dirname(__FILE__)));

and un-comment this line

wp_enqueue_style('upfront_navigation', upfront_element_url('css/unewnavigation-style.css', dirname(__FILE__)));

If you would prefer that we do the edit for you then just send me in your FTP through our private contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**If you keep support access active then no need to send in wp-admin

Look forward to hearing back! We won't know for sure if this works or not until you try it, but it seems to have worked on our installs.

Cheers,
    Tyler