Menu disappeared from main page only!

I don't know how it happened, but suddenly the main menu won't appear ONLY in the main page, if you navigate trough any other pages it can be seen but..what happened and how can i solve that? my site is http://www.gear-s.net

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi SolidCapo,

Looks like something is overriding the navigation menu's styling. Have you made any edits to the theme? And have you recently activated any new plugins (especially ones that would affect the front-page)?

Could you try deactivating plugins to see if there's a culprit there?

Cheer,
    David

• SolidCapo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

No, i wasn't installing any plugin or anything, what i did was to update the footer so it would say what i wanted it to say.. :S so i took away the line where the link to wpmudev was.. it was a simple

What file is the one used for the main page or what? should i erase the theme and install it again? but how can i save all the settings i've already done to it?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

If all you were changing is something in the footer.php you could simply copy and paste the original footer.php code from the theme right back into place, assuming that's what caused the menu issue.

Though if you've made other edits to the theme, you'll be best back-tracking your steps to see what changed the navigation menu.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

I assume you removed the navigation file somehow? Hard to tell if you removed it from header.php or you changed the navigation file.

A little bit of advice is as you edit files keep a record in your style.css or another file maybe even name in the child a file called changes.txt. That way you can easily see what you've done. An alternative to this is of course adding in comments to the code but the file is a nice one stop method.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.