Menu issue

I have created a menu for the home page. And made that my 'primary navigation'. I do not want the menu to show in the community section in BuddyPress.

How can I turn off the menu section on my buddypress pages.

Thanks.

• Mason

Hiya,

For clarification, you want the default menu and the footer links to only display on the homepage is that correct?

Assuming that's the case you'll need to create custom navigation.php and footer.php files (such as buddypress-footer.php) in a child theme and call them from the Buddypress template pages rather than the default navigation and footer files.

It's not terribly complex, but will require several files to change. Look at the directories in the theme that correspond to the BuddyPress components. It actually may be easier to find & replace all references to get_footer in the theme to your new theme file. Then go back and revert the few pages that you want the links such as home, single, and page.

Hope that helps!

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

We haven't heard from you on this thread for a while, perhaps you got help over email. I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.