Menu item when specific theme or plugin is selected

Me again :o)

Is there a way to show a specific menu item when a theme or plugin has been selected.

For example, if a theme is selected that has menu options, show the item to bring up these items.

Right now, I'm just having Woo Themes because the options pages all have the same URL, but it is a waste as I bought licenses for other themes to be used on Multisite and, of course, the great themes here.

• aecnu

Greetings Joe,

On this one yes there is a way to add more menu options though I will have to work on it some checking several themes out to see if they use a common link for theme options.

In a test I did right now using Blogs MU as the theme I could not get to the options that offer the change of header, fonts, etc. So this will need some investigation.

Is this what you are referring to?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Moonworks

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking about.

I'm thinking that as long as I can bring up the main edit page for themes/plugins, then I could have a go at placing some links across the top of the page to do the other things. Adding too many menus would just get confusing for some users, and this would have to be renamed 'slightly tricky blogging'.

Not a problem on time. I have the first official contract signing for my company tomorrow, including having to sound like I know what the contract means, so better get off the computer as it's 1am.

Thanks for the help.

• aecnu

Greetings Joe,

I must admit that your comment slightly tricky blogging is absolutely hilarious.

I found out one of the challenges is that we either go with themes that have the same parameters or we end up with links that give 404 errors when addressing a theme without one of those parameters.

Other then that it is possible to add them but the available choice of themes must be very carefully chosen or it will be a no go.

However, another solution I have recently discovered that may be workable, which I say because I have not tried it myself yet, is Advanced Access Manager plugin.

Please advise as to what you think of this plugin.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Joe,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.