Menu items does not get copied

Hi.

I have setup 1 main site, and 2 sub-sites in the network.

Now I log in to subsite 2 and create a new page.
Then I try to add a new menu item from the sub-page, it does not work (as I expected)

Now I go to the main site to add the new menu item. I will link to the page made in sub-site 2. But now comes the problem: In pages listed the new pages I made does not show up at all.

Perhaps I missunderstand the meaning of this plugin, I need to share menu-items and pages as well cross-site.

The whole point of my site is to use 3 URL's for one "site"

Thanks
Eddie

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Edvard,

Hope you're well?

Yes, I think you may have misunderstood the plugin. It just copies content, not menus or theme style settings at all.

Now I go to the main site to add the new menu item. I will link to the page made in sub-site 2. But now comes the problem: In pages listed the new pages I made does not show up at all.

could you elaborate on this a bit more as i'm a little confused.

you will not see pages created on subsite 2 in the pages list for subsite1 or the main site. each subsite is pretty much as far as the network is concerned completely unique sites sharing the same userbase & core files.

Or have I misunderstood your meaning too?

Thanks

• edvard
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Right.
    Thank yiou for answering.

Take a look at http://bedriftsmassasje.net

For example, in menu item Product --> Phical Test goes to anouther URL, same goes for Company --> Calprotectin

Those are set up with the Domain Mapping plugin. It is working really well.
    When I first set it up, all the menu items were shared. Now, when I want to add new menu items the network sites do not find each others pages. Perhaps normal..

The right coloumns are also shared. I thought by your plugin.. At least it is working for some reason ..

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @edvard, I hope you are well today!

Like @Vaughan mentioned in previous post each subsite in your network are unique, but you can build a replica of your site by using Cloner plugin.

This plugin can copy and move sites to any location on your network

Please advice if you have any farther questions! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.