Menu not rendering -- hummingbird files have errors

I am having major issues with my menu rendering properly after changing the minification enqued files

Error: Error saving compressed file

I moved each file to the footer and tested and i found a few I could not move -- but after testing everything was working fine -- now it is not and I have the above error message on many of the files

  • Rupok

    Hi mindset,

    This is really weird. Thanks for granting Support Access. I can try to check your configuration and make some tests on your site to find out why this is behaving such, but your site seems to be a live site. Is it okay if we make tests on that? I'll jump in as soon as you confirm.

    However, I can see that you have minification enabled now but your menu is rendering perfectly without any issue in front-end. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

    Am I missing something here? If you are not seeing the same as the screenshot, can you please try clearing cache and cookies from your browser and try again? Can you try from a different browser? Can you try from another computer/network?

    Can you also try the workaround I provided here? https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/hummingbird-error-saving-compressed-file#post-1154526
    That user said that he could resolve the issue by himself. Can you please ask in that thread regarding how he solved it?

    Please let us know how these goes. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

    Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

    • mindset

      The menu is not rendering properly -- it shows up vertically first then it finally renders horizontally
      see video: http://www.screencast.com/t/sIlPqk92

      My client is going beserk on me --

      When I minimized all the entries and moved to the footer originally -- I had the header that was doing what it is now -- and then the pictures in the gallery of each property listing was opening in a new window rather than in the picture frame above the listing gallery --

      so I started moving them back to the center one by one testing until I found the settings where everything worked and so the ones that are not in the footer are the ones that can not be moved. I had everything fine - then this morning I started getting the error message in the minified list on the files

      Error: Error saving compressed file

      My server company says the solution above is non-sense (LOL)

  • mindset

    No one seems to have a solution for this - and I can't have a screwed up menu for a full day -- so I deleted the plugin -- and everything is working fine -- Minification definately caused problems

    I finally got it to stop on desktop but never could get rid of the problem on mobile until I deleted the plugin -- so I moved everything to a development site http://dev.househunterspanama.com
    and I will give you access to it through support -- but I have wasted 2 full days with this plugin - I am not a happy camper --LOL I granted you support access to the development site

  • Nithin

    Hi mindset,

    The menu is not rendering properly -- it shows up vertically first then it finally renders horizontally
    see video: http://www.screencast.com/t/sIlPqk92

    Sorry to know that you are having difficulties running the plugin, I checked your dev site, in my browser, and also asked one of the colleagues to test this, neither of us was able to notice this issue in our browser, we tested this in Chorme, and FF. The menu was loading without any issues, when Hummingbird minification was activated.

    Screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/4U8oNzox

    so I started moving them back to the center one by one testing until I found the settings where everything worked and so the ones that are not in the footer are the ones that can not be moved. I had everything fine - then this morning I started getting the error message in the minified list on the files Error: Error saving compressed file

    I wasn't able to replicate this in your dev site, could you please replicate this issue in your dev site, so that we could give a closer look.

    However, I was able to notice the following notice: d3.sankey is not a function, in Hummingbird > Minification > Output(Header) .

    Once I deactivated the Realia plugin, the page seems to work fine. But unfortunately, I wasn't able to replicate this error in my system, it works fine with the Realia plugin activated. The images at your dev site at the moment, seems to be pointing to the wrong URL, and hence the pictures aren't loading too.

    Please advise if I'm missing out anything here, so that we could help get this issue resolved asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

    Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.