Menu System in Wordpress

So I have a question on the best route for accomplishing somthing.... Im up to my features pages and was thinking I may as well use the same template for my support pages... If I want one set up similar to a blog with categories as in on the left side youd see a list, say dashboard tutorials and under it a list then some other tuorials and under a list.

would that be best accomplished via the native wordpress menus... Im hesitant to do actual individual blogs as I was trying to keep that for well my blog so I dont get myself confused later when I have a lot of blog entrys... So I figure Ill just design a custom templated page.php and obvisouly dont want to do a page for every entry

Ive yet to use the actual native menu system so not sure if its the most efficient way to do what Im after.

any advice you may have would be appreciated.. thanks

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi LCDist,

I may be misunderstanding a bit so please feel free to correct me if so but I believe standard WordPress custom menus would work just find for that purpose, assuming you've got those pages/posts for the tutorials created already.

I imagine you could do them individually as pages or posts too, but one thing people often times use to try and keep content separated is custom post types, which CustomPress can help you greatly with.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custompress

With that, you could create new taxonomies (categories) that wouldn't get mixed up with regular posts. Is that perhaps something that might work for you in this case?

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.