Menu/Page Structure and Setup

Good Evening,

I'm terribly sorry to have to ask but I'm having difficulty setting up a site for my step-father; I'm a first timer. Here are the details of my question in as short a manner as possible. I want the site to behave like this...Horizontal menu from left to right...Home, About Us, Pens, Jewelry, Waterfowl Calls, etc....

When I click on Pens for instance I want the site to go directly to a page that displays all the pens that I have entered into Products that are catagorized as pens. Same for Jewelry, Waterfowl Calls, etc. I don't want to have multiple or unnecessary clicks such as Pens/Store/Products/Pens just to get to the page that shows them. Is this possible? Seems like a scenario that others have surely asked about/needed. Thank you in advance for your time and efforts. I hope that I have written my question clearly enough. Cary Clark

• DiggiWebDesign
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Welcome to the forums.

An issue like this can usually be related to your choice of theme, are you using the MarketPress theme? Could you provide us a link to the website so we may see what your are speaking of? From what you have wrote (without seeing it) This sounds like you want to create a site map of your site ( in a sense anyway). If using MarketPress I have achieved such desired navigation scenarios before and may be able to help you once you link to the site.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @windingwater4

I hope you are well today.

You could use the [mp_list_products] shortcode found in products > settings > shortcodes.

For example create a page called pens, then create a store category call pens, then place the shortcode [mp_list_products category="pens"]

I hope this helps!

Thanks.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @grace

Of course, screenshots are attached, it's worth noting that if your category is two words, i.e fountain pens. MarketPress uses the category slug and WordPress will add a - between the words, so the new shortcode would be
    [mp_list_products category="fountain-pens"]

I hope this helps!

Thanks.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• windingwater4
    • New Recruit

Wow. Thanks to all for the great help/suggestions. I had to catch some ZZZZ's last night after I posted the question and sorry for the delayed response. I will go over what has been suggested today and post another reply about my progress.

Thanks!

• windingwater4
    • New Recruit

Whoa! That was easy. I tried the shortcode you suggested on the page and it does precisely what I want it to do. I dove into this website creation at the request of a family member without reading much in advance and I see now the shortcomings of that. I need to learn shortcodes....and quick!

Thanks to each and every one of you.

PS - I have 3 Community Points now. Whoo Hoo!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.