Merging 3 WPMU sites into one

I have 3 different WPMU installs for 1 website on 3 domains. I've wanted my users to be able to select which domain to keep their blog under.

Now I want to look at options to use one install to do this. I think I've find a good plugin for it. The multi-site manager doesn't do it since it'll sign up username.site1.com to username.site2.com and username.sige3.com. I think an other plugin I found does what I want it to do, though. If anyone knows of a plugin to do this, please let me know.

Anyway...

If I'm able to do it, I want to merge the 3 sites.

Is there a tool to do this? How would you do it? I should be able to move database posts and change the blog-ID, right?

Thanks.

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

The problem you're going to have is blog id conflicts. You'll have to change the blog id in the wp_blogs table, wp_usermeta table, and each of the blog tables.

I imagine you'll have user id conflicts as well. You'll have to change the user id in the wp_users table, wp_usermeta tables as well as the post tables.

If you have a large number of blogs you're definitely going to want to create a script to handle all of this.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

You'll also have to merge the uploads, worry about users with the same email address but different user names, different shortcodes and plugins if the three sites are different in their setup, etc.

Maybe a better route would be a generic form that allows users to input their desired username and which website they want to be on and then pass that along to the corresponding mu install.

I don;t think merging will work in this case.

If you have very few users, you might get away with exporting and importing the blogs via the built in scripts but that still leaves you with a lot of conflicts.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.